Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Maidana a bigger mismatch that Floyd vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd vs Maidana a bigger mismatch that Floyd vs Guerrero?

I am a fan of Maidana. I love a fighter w Heart, KO power, and someone who always swinging. But let's be honest Marcos has no speed and to give Floyd a good fight you must have speed, great skill and ring intelligence. I just don't think Marcos has any of those. He does keep coming no matter what tho and that's a big plus for him. I just don't see someone with no speed getting past Floyd's defense.

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
    I am a fan of Maidana. I love a fighter w Heart, KO power, and someone who always swinging. But let's be honest Marcos has no speed and to give Floyd a good fight you must have speed, great skill and ring intelligence. I just don't think Marcos has any of those. He does keep coming no matter what tho and that's a big plus for him. I just don't see someone with no speed getting past Floyd's defense.

You are right but Floyd had to fight somebody....gotta get paid.

Comment

i dont think so, this is boxing and sooner or later that 0 has got to go.

Comment

Mayweather's greatest threats (Tim Bradley, Manny Pacquiao Sergio Martinez and Gennady Golovkin) are not in the mix by their mere association with either Top Rank or HBO so its doesn't matter anymore who he fights

Comment

No, and a lot of that is because of Maidana's power. Maidana is relentless in his pressure as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            Mayweather's greatest threats (Tim Bradley, Manny Pacquiao Sergio Martinez and Gennady Golovkin) are not in the mix by their mere association with either Top Rank or HBO so its doesn't matter anymore who he fights
            Very good point

Comment

no. At least if Maidana lands something there's a chance he can hurt Floyd. There was literally nothing that Guerrero could do to Mayweather to trouble him

Comment

I don't think so at all. Personally I was never really that impressed with Robert above 135 and he was over rated at ww. I never gave Robert a chance at all, at least with Maidana he has undeniable power that equalize things.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  Lara and Kirkland should be in the mix as well.

Comment

Yes. I picked Guerrero to beat Maidana when that fight was scheduled and I stand by that pick today.

Comment

Working...
                    X