No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    He did 1.65 vs Diaz I and 1.5 vs Diaz II.

So you're wrong.

How in what world could anyone on this planet ever claim that Nate Diaz is more of a name than Victor Ortiz? Ortiz was coming off fight of the year + biggest fight on HBO in 2011.

Now that's an absolutely hilarious claim - Especially Diaz in the first fight who was a late substitute and had made 40k in his last fight.
    "Note: The UFC does not release official PPV statistics, and the following PPV numbers are as reported by industry insiders."

Show me a official source for those numbers. Dana White didn't even say those numbers the other day on The Herd. He said 1.3 and 1.5

I thought money made doesn't matter?

Diaz is a bigger name in UFC than Ortiz is. Other than McGregor I've only heard of Rousey, Brock Lesnar and the Diaz Brothers (before he fought McGregor)

Comment

Ok I remember them saying it was 20+, but OK.

Those were absolute mega fights. This was McGregor vs Alvarez who quite honestly, no one, even hardcore fight fans really knew who was.

And that's the difference.
      UFC 205 is one of the biggest, most stacked and most promoted fights in the history of UFC and the first one ever in NYC and for the double title.

"That's the difference"

You say some ****in dumb ****

Comment

So Mayweather sells 350k vs Berto when he was active - Otherwise on around 1mil other than in super fights, where of course 2 people create massive hype.

McGregor has done 1.4, 1.65, 1.5 & 1.3 against guys you for sure didn't know who was and outside of hardcore UFC fans also didn't.

That's the difference between him and McGregor.

McGregor pulls on his own - That's real popularity. When you pull someone up like Berto, he failed miserably.

Put McGregor in with Berto and he'd still do 1million+.

With regards to the gate number, I remembered it being 20+ but OK it was 17.7. So outside of Mayweather's three biggest fights - One of which he was the B-side, McGregor outdid them in his last fight - despite as you say "only been known for a year"

That's gotta tell you something.
        Pretty sure it wasn't 350 k and that was against an unranked fighter. McGregor would do 1 million with Berto? Please.

Diaz-McGregor 2 was a super fight. 205 was a super event. Didnt came close in numbers.

His last fight was a few months ago. He has only been known for a year. 18 months I guess. He hadn't even headlined a PPV until 18 months ago.

Oh "that's how you remember" maybe you shouldn't go off memory because your memory is terrible clearly.

Got an article yet from 2013? You've got 52 to chose from since he was national press on a weekly basis in the Sunday papers that year Too funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
          I highly doubt he has that many fans in Mexico or the Phillipines either.
          In the US he has groupies and wanna be groupies.
          They have devout boxing fans that appreciate and will watch and support floyd against an MMA fighter. The only places Connor can claim is ireland, brasil, and a certain demographic is the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Pretty sure it wasn't 350 k and that was against an unranked fighter. McGregor would do 1 million with Berto? Please.

Diaz-McGregor 2 was a super fight. 205 was a super event. Didnt came close in numbers.

His last fight was a few months ago. He has only been known for a year. 18 months I guess. He hadn't even headlined a PPV until 18 months ago.

Oh "that's how you remember" maybe you shouldn't go off memory because your memory is terrible clearly.

Got an article yet from 2013? You've got 52 to chose from since he was national press on a weekly basis in the Sunday papers that year Too funny.
            http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...per-view-sales

Between 400k and 550k. Either way, pathetic numbers that a guy of McGregor's selling power would never stoop to, no matter who's the opponent.

They were super fights because all of McGregor's fights are super fights.

Of course McGregor would do 1million+ vs Berto! In the UFC? 100000% he would do that. No question about it.

So because he hadn't headlined a PPV he was an unknown? What planet are you living on? haha.

His two free shows leading up to his first PPV card were the most watched fight shows on fox - UFC dublin and fight night in Boston vs Siver. According to some sources peaking at 3mil+ in early '15.

Unknown doe

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/21...rts-1-mma-news

Even his first appearance on PPV in 2014 against Pourier sold because of him according to the UFC.

Here's an article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-...-joins-1646304

Where did I say he started on January 1st 2013? Don't hit me with a pathetic straw man.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 01-15-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...per-view-sales

Between 400k and 550k. Either way, pathetic numbers that a guy of McGregor's selling power would never stoop to, no matter who's the opponent.

They were super fights because all of McGregor's fights are super fights.

Of course McGregor would do 1million+ vs Berto! In the UFC? 100000% he would do that. No question about it.

So because he hadn't headlined a PPV he was an unknown? What planet are you living on? haha.

His two free shows leading up to his first PPV card were the most watched fight shows on fox - UFC dublin and fight night in Boston vs Siver.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/21...rts-1-mma-news

Even his first appearance on PPV in 2014 against Pourier sold because of him according to the UFC.

Here's an article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-...-joins-1646304

Where did I say he started on January 1st 2013? Don't hit me with a pathetic straw man.
              500k against an unranked Berto is pretty good. I'd like to see McGregor's numbers when he's 40 against an unranked fighter.

And no he definitely wouldn't. He's doing 1 million with Aldo he's not doing 1 million with Berto. You're deluded

Well if he's not headlining PPV's he can't be that known can he. That's pretty basic common sense. He's been headlining PPV's for 18 months.

Cool that's one. "Weekly national press"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                Floyd fans are the most delusional fans. They don't think straight when it comes to Mayweather.
                its because they live vicariopously through him, similar to females who idol worship kardashian and reality stars, they think if you insult Floyd or Kardashian you are insulting them. Its a mental illness. Many of them even repeat their words, like with Floyd fans they repeat his words and smile and act as if its their money its kinda sad this usually happens to guys who grew up with a father and with an emotional irrational loud mouth mother with attitude and entitlement mentality they will take after their mother and whine and moan and conspire.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  500k against an unranked Berto is pretty good. I'd like to see McGregor's numbers when he's 40 against an unranked fighter.

And no he definitely wouldn't. He's doing 1 million with Aldo he's not doing 1 million with Berto. You're deluded

Well if he's not headlining PPV's he can't be that known can he. That's pretty basic common sense. He's been headlining PPV's for 18 months.

Cool that's one. "Weekly national press"
                  How is it pretty good when everyone said it was a major flop? Especially with his contract and guarantee, it's like throwing money straight out the window.

Yeah that was a year ago and 4 PPVs since mate and that was 1.2 not 1million. His stock has sky rocketed even further since then.

Dana White said UFC 205 trended with more than 3 billion social media impressions.

Are you serious? He can't be that known yet does the best show EVER on Fox?

Just listen to that one more time.

Anyway, stupid discussion.

He's the biggest combat sports star on the planet right now, and that's what really matters. He's done 4million+ PPVs in 2016 and 5.6 from December to December in 2015-2016.

That's rivaling Floyd in any year even incl. the Pacquiao show and better than Floyd's ever other 12 months.

Comment

Working...
                  X