Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Ortiz Turning Down Fight Goes Against What I Stand For

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    I dont take Ortiz serious anymore because of it. He is all talk just like Whyte.
    They should Pay more for King Kong if they wanted him to fill-in. hearn is the new bob arum..

Comment

Ortiz now even admit they F'd up! They tried strong arming Hearn and getting $10,000,000. The offer was originally $5 then went up to $7 mill... Ortiz now better be slapping his manager around!!!

"Things went south in a hurry, however, when those representing Ortiz in negotiations—Dade Promotions and manager Jay Jimenez—not only overplayed their hand, but failed to properly consult with Ortiz and his training team"|

Comment

I wonder if we'll ever know the truth. I'm not fully sold on the promoter screwing up or that Ortiz would not have jumped on the offer if he could have. Even the explanation that maybe they've been offered a rematch with Wilder they think they can win. 40 year old fighters should not and probably are not, passing up multi million dollar sure things because they've been promised something in the future.

Comment

The thing that I’m confused about is why was Ortiz not offered the same amount as Miller? I think Ortiz should have definitely taken the 7 million offer, but Ortiz is seen as the better fighter than Miller so why was he offered a few million less is the odd thing. I guess because they didn’t want to give a last minute replacement the same amount?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            And the bigger AJ becomes in the US, the higher his next offer to Wilder.

That's what Wilder calls "betting on myself"
            Probably true. Because all this betting on himself stuff doesn't actually worked in reality when it came to him.

He is coming off a PPV event with Fury (Good bet) but that hasn't transcend into him doing one on his own, He is now back on regular TV.

Which kind of shows that Fury sold that fight for him. He couldn't fight anyone and be on PPV. So he needs Joshua to get bigger in the USA which might mean more money for him (Wilder).

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              “I don’t know if they were trying to hold us to ransom, they wanted more out of the deal, but they turned down the offer for reasons I don’t know."

PAY King Kong! You want a last minute notice then PAY the man! You dudes made a "lucrative offer" for yourselves not Team Ortiz.
              7 mil is a lucrative offer for someone who took 500k for a title fight. Be interesting to see how much he makes against wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                Meanwhile, Wilder fans are still harking back to the Wilder-fan golden age...

the $50m (100% legitimate as long as there are no details, negotiations or meetings) "offer".

In spite of Wilder being offered $120m for Breazeale and AJ

It's actually laughable.
                It's quite laughable you get the deal wrong. It was a 100 mill. For 3 fights. 80 for two AJ fights and 20 for his mandatory.

Comment

B.S. They weren't going to give him Aj. Stop kidding yourselves.
                  Lmfao wilder fans were quick to point out the deal that fury got with top rank/espn would only be fully paid if he fought Aj or wilder but you really think dazn are going to pay wilder 120 million to fight the likes of Washington spilkza and duhappus?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    The thing that I’m confused about is why was Ortiz not offered the same amount as Miller? I think Ortiz should have definitely taken the 7 million offer, but Ortiz is seen as the better fighter than Miller so why was he offered a few million less is the odd thing. I guess because they didn’t want to give a last minute replacement the same amount?
                    $7 million is more than $6.5 million.

Comment

They should Pay more for King Kong if they wanted him to fill-in. hearn is the new bob arum..
                      I dont play pretend manager/advisor/promoter. Ortiz's real manager came out and said it was a good deal. I'm sure he knows more about personal Ortiz's finances, market value, and career purses(including the second check) than either me or you.
                      Last edited by Mister Wolf; 05-10-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X