No announcement yet.

Nightmare training sessions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare training sessions

We have all had those nights where you feel like ****. Whether it is lifting weight and you feel weak, or you feel sluggish and powerless on the mat, or feel like you are hitting the bag with a feather.

I had one last night at BJJ. It wasn't like I was getting owned by anyone, but I wasn't beating anyone in half the time I should be. I have doing BJJ for 2 years now and have been told I should be a blue belt by a few people who would know. I am normally pretty decent on the mat and have a solid game. My current job keeps me away from it too much however, and therefore my mat conditioning suffers, in turn making mistakes and feeling crappy.

There is no cure it would seem, at least I haven't found one yet...I am pissed cause it is now 2 days till a tournament, the biggest one in Australias limited BJJ history, and I should be nowhere near it! If I go ok and possibly get a medal, I will get my blue more than likely. If I go and get beat by some BJJ newbie in the first fight, I may just slit my wrists!

Question is, how do you guys deal with flat spots in your training, and how often do you get them?

Seldom- I feel your pain man! I've only been doing BJJ for a couple of months, but I'm a natural athlete and usually pick up things pretty quick. I haven't been progressing as quickly as I'd like, due to a wife, 2 kids, 2 jobs and ****ty habits on my part.(smoking weed and laziness) Tonight I felt terrible, I wanted to quit, that thought actually crossed my mind, and I got mad, because I've quit everything I've ever done in my life, as soon as things don't go smooth I quit, and I'll be damned if I quit this! I love it and I won't quit, I will pay my bills through MMA someday or I will die trying! When you feel down think about quitting, it will motivate you, cause I'm ready to get back on the mat and kick some ass now. Also, focus on technique, your a big strong dude who can use power in alot of situations I bet, but when things aren't flowing like you think they should, focus on technique.
    FLOW WITH THE GO

Comment

you are asking the same question i was wondering. my work and this site sometimes permits me to train sometimes.

i realized that you need to run and things of that nature to keep yourself "in shape" for when you get the chance to roll. then every open opportunity...take it. i know that you have a life outside of ma, but i guess it all depends on how much it means to you.

all it takes is swimming, running or something of that sort to feel good and refreshed......... like 30 minutes a day...... you will feel fine

Comment

I know how it can be. My life is just sleep, eat, ****, school and train.

Comment

buy the way you guys need to start your own training journals.

Comment

Snoop, you sound exactly like a friend of mine, except he has taken an easier path and just given up on everything and lives in a cloud of bong smoke.

Adam, I see what you are saying man, and yeah every day I do something, it is just a matter of not being able to get to BJJ all the time cause of work shifts etc. I can alwasy go to the gym as it is open 18 hours a day, but BJJ is a once a day thing so not always possible.

My technique is actually pretty good for a bigger guy and anyone who has rolled with me will say I use minimal strength unless necessary. I think mat rust has slightly set in which couldn't come at a worse time! It will come good, I just hope I wake up saturday feeling good!!

Comment

[quote:7e69353736="seldomTap"]
              I can alwasy go to the gym as it is open 18 hours a day, but BJJ is a once a day thing so not always possible.
              [/quote:7e69353736]
              *wipes away tear* all i have is this dump is an MT gym open 2 hours a week. I was training to be state champ then all the sudden the coach decided he couldnt be f****d and cut the training down.now all i do is post on mma forums

Comment

Damn, train harder Bro

Comment

Working...
                X