Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a sweet science snob, who's with me?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    I can appreciate technical boxing, I actually don't find Lara boring (maybe because I'm part Cuban so im biased?)

But when dudes like Hopkins and Ward fight I can't stand it. Hug, headbutt, elbow

I'm good.
    im the same, when people are fighting at range, showing great defense, dodging and countering its good to watch. When people are mauling, foulin, smothering like ward does, then im not a fan one bit

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
      im the same, when people are fighting at range, showing great defense, dodging and countering its good to watch. When people are mauling, foulin, smothering like ward does, then im not a fan one bit
      Exactly. I don't like that crap at all. That's not boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
        I can appreciate defense, slipping, countering, if the boxer also throws a lot of punches. I'd watch duran, chavez, tyson, pacquiao, golovkin, kovalev, trinidad, dela hoya, etc over Floyd, Ward, Bhop, Whitaker, etc, any day.

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
          I can appreciate defense, slipping, countering, if the boxer also throws a lot of punches. I'd watch duran, chavez, tyson, pacquiao, golovkin, kovalev, trinidad, dela hoya, etc over Floyd, Ward, Bhop, Whitaker, etc, any day.
          you described every true boxing fan, no one watches floyd for what he does in the ring rather what is done outside of it

Comment

Clinching, head control using the forearm as a shield without pushing and controlling your opponent in general are not fouls in boxing, however grabbing, holding behind the head , holding abd hitting and THROWING the elbow with the intention of doing harm are fouls and they can spoil any fight, the fighter that did all these fouls excessively without suffering any consequences was Wladimir Klitschko especially when he fought Povetkin, this was probably one of the most disgraceful fights in the history of the sport.

Hopkins was a notorious spoiler too but got a pass for it because he did it more as he got older, Floyd spoiled 1 fight imo and that was the Maidana rematch, Ward is very rough and can be mistaken for a spoiler but I don't think he does anything illegal excessively.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
              you described every true boxing fan, no one watches floyd for what he does in the ring rather what is done outside of it
              What about the Ward fans?

Comment

What about the Ward fans?
                well i think we both know the common trend in ward fans...

Comment

crickets.. notice how most of these morons accusing others of having alts use alts themselves.
                  Yes crickets. I waited and you took all night to post this. I'm at work now, don't send me private messages. you know all about this site and there IP checks, moderators, contacting them, go for it. I'll be here

Comment

I like the technical aspects of boxing, the holding/putting your weight on is part of all combat sports, boxing included & its more in self defense & negate offense.. It beats me that boxers who fight guys known to hold do not prepare themselves on how to escape. That's why as much as I like brute sluggers, I enjoy only a few of them guys.. I appreciate the skills of a boxer who breaks you down systematically..

Comment

Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
                      I watch Floyd for what he does in the ring
                      Same with Ward and Hopkins. Contrary to what the majority of people parrot, they have been in many entertaining fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X