Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to the United States...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] I went to the United States...

And it was cool.

Took one week off and stayed with some friends in the great state of Florida.

Never been there before, so had to do the initiation ritual of the place(Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Animal Kingdom etc.)

Never seen so many places to eat, all next to each other. Its an internal struggle every time you're hungry, because of so many available options. The service is top notch, couldn't believe how fast we got our food in all the places.

I kid you not, I heard more people speak Spanish than English, very surprised by this.

Americans in general are always very nice people, very polite since the last time I visited...that hasn't changed.

Me and a friend did had a quick disagreement with a couple who were blocking the way to an exit and refused to move at first because they were sitting on the floor.

Being polite works almost all of the time, but when that fails, you can always look at them straight in the eye and ask in a more serious manner, that usually gets the job done.

When one of them got up and started cursing in his native tongue, he got a pretty nice surprised when I responded to him in that said language.

Ah Spaniards...the jerks of Europe.

Besides that, I got nothing negative to say about the trip/stay.

They do drive like maniacs though, but we're way worst in the island so it was kind of a familiar setting when being on the road.

My biggest regret: I forgot to eat at Chick-fil-A.

All in all, 10/10 Florida, would take you to Olive Garden.

Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 03-31-2019, 01:25 PM.

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm actually planning on taking a trip to PR with the lady. Any places you recommend or things that I must see?

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
      And it was cool.

Took one week off and stayed with some friends in the great state of Florida.

Never been there before, so had to do the initiation ritual of the place(Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Animal Kingdom etc.)

Never seen so many places to eat, all next to each other. Its an internal struggle every time you're hungry, because of so many available options. The service is top notch, couldn't believe how fast we got our food in all the places.

I kid you not, I heard more people speak Spanish than English, very surprised by this.

Americans in general are always very nice people, very polite since the last time I visited...that hasn't changed.

Me and a friend did had a quick disagreement with a couple who were blocking the way to an exit and refused to move at first because they were sitting on the floor.

Being polite works almost all of the time, but when that fails, you can always look at them straight in the eye and ask in a more serious manner, that usually gets the job done.

When one of them got up and started cursing in his native tongue, he got a pretty nice surprised when I responded to him in that said language.

Ah Spaniards...the jerks of Europe.

Besides that, I got nothing negative to say about the trip/stay.

They do drive like maniacs though, but we're way worst in the island so it was kind of a familiar setting when being on the road.

My biggest regret: I forgot to eat at Chick-fil-A.

All in all, 10/10 Florida, would take you to Olive Garden.

Yeah but remember you are an American too.

Comment

Florida’s pretty cool. Just don’t go during the summer or else you’re going to melt.

I like Florida though.

Comment

I’m glad you enjoyed it. Florida is a nice place to visit. Lots of beaches and great food.

Comment

Nice. And Florida is known as one of the crazy US states so even I'm surprised you didn't encounter some weirder sh^t than you did.

Comment

Florida is great. If not Arizona I'm looking to get stationed there, used to live in West Palm Beach before I joined the military. As far as cities, where all did you go?

Comment

Florida is awesome, low cost of living especially in northern and or more inland parts of it. Glad you had a good visit.

Comment

Good to hear

My friend and his girlfriend are visiting Orlando next month.

I have a good friend from the Marines who lives in Pensacola.

Last time I went to Florida, damn 2011? I think?

But yeah it's hot as **** in the summer. **** that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Florida is awesome, low cost of living especially in northern and or more inland parts of it. Glad you had a good visit.
                    it obvious he was talking about South Florida. Why would he go to the hick areas that you described.

Comment

Working...
                    X