No announcement yet.

Floyd carried connor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    Actually quite unusual in Boxing for a guy to gas out like Mcgregor does as soon as he's hit... Notice in all his MMA fights when he gets zapped good on the chin... He loses his composure totally and breaks into "fatigue" as he says... "Fatigue" in Boxing will make you an easy target.. Last 3 rounds just prove that... I'm sure that if Floyd had known that from the beginning Mcgregor would have call it a day by the 4th round...
    Oh BS. Conor tired out as soon as he hit the 25 min mark, which is where a 5 rd. mma title fight ends. Made perfect sense to me. He wasn't going to get pro boxer stamina with one 6 week boxing training camp. Floyd full well knew this before the fight started but that didn't keep him from getting hit.

Comment

Yea op ya think? I wonder why you think that? Could it be the simple fact that floyd threw somewhere around 6 punches within the first 4 rounds in total? Hell yea floyd carried him. In fact my jaw dropped to the ground in those first 4 rounds because i couldnt believe how well he was doing until the 6th round came and i realized wait a second here lol floyd just carried this dude for the first 4 rounds!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Dangerous?..............seriously!

He carried the bum and it was obvious as all hell.
        If he wanted to he could have stepped on the gas at any time but then it would look like what it was, a sham!!!!!

Floyd vs Pacman
        Floyd vs Connor .......these are the two biggest rip offs of all time.

Anyone who can't understand it are just as dumb as Floyd knew you'd be.

Ray
        If he could have stopped him earlier he would have. He was trying to get the KO around the 4th round. Stop being naïve.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          It was blatant. That there is even a question about this reinforces how blind and dumb the majority of people are. Floyd was NOT exhibiting his normal posture and level of intensity. He deliberately threw punches offline FFS..
          If you really think this then you need some help

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            If you really think this then you need some help
            "Think?" Do you "think" arguably one of the greatest lead/counter right hand punchers of all time could do this by accident?

Comment

I don't even like Floyd but it seemed to me he wasn't trying. When he decided to end the charade it was over.

Comment

I haven't seen the fight, but I imagine he carried him. Waited for him to inevitably tire.
                In hindsight i was naive in the build up as I thought Mayweather would try get him out of there early.

Slighlty off topic but I was listening to Chael Sonnen the other day, he talks for effect, but even he was on a mad one.
                He basically said Connor was the real winner in the fight as he did better than what was expected. He was saying Connor's resume looks better by the day, which I agreed with in the case of the Holloway and Poirier wins. But then he said he basically has Mayweather, Canelo and GGG on his resume. As he did better than expected against Mayweather, better than Canelo so he bettered him, and GGG by proxy as Canelo beat him.

I'm a Connor fan and I get what Sonnen is doing, but man, chill a bit

Comment

"If he could have stopped him earlier he would have. He was trying to get the KO around the 4th round. Stop being naïve."

The day you know more about this business than I do the world will end!
                  People including boxers who call themselves the GOAT are NOT!

This mma guy couldn't break an egg yet when Floyd started to land he fell apart! If mma fighters could take solid shots on the chin they would be in boxing.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    After round 1 Mayweather Sr said something like "he'll be finished by round 4", a few rounds later he said something like "you can start putting it on him anytime you want."

They clearly gave McGregor the first few rounds and let him tire himself out.

They shouldn't have done it. It embarrassed boxing giving him them rounds.
                    Floyd was suckering fans for the Floyd Manny 2 con, he was sparring people like Spence when he was sparring for McGregor, and putting beatings on the rest of tmt... let him cook

Comment

Stupid fans who think otherwise are just stupid. Suddenly Floyd forgot fo use the jab, the philly shell and the pull right counters he been doing to all the elite boxers he’s fought for 20 years?

Floyd suddenly got outjab and outpunch by a newbie slow ass conor in the first 3 rounds???? When the boxers who were boxing in their entire lives couldn’t even do it???

Was so Conor so fast, had so great of a footwork that Floyd couldn’t do any of that?? Was Conor so technical he outsmarted Floyd? Lmao

NOOOOO!!!

You can hate him all you want, and I do too, at all his issues in his career but the fact you couldn’t see right thru that fight alone that Floyd took it easy on Conor says a lot about the knowledge you have as a fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X