Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd carried connor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be obvious that Floyd waited until McGregor lost his explosiveness, then cranked up the pressure. Floyd even said as much after the fight. He didn't want to engage him while he was most dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Should be obvious that Floyd waited until McGregor lost his explosiveness, then cranked up the pressure. Floyd even said as much after the fight. He didn't want to engage him while he was most dangerous.
      that sounds like floyd alright

Comment

Dangerous?..............seriously!

He carried the bum and it was obvious as all hell.
        If he wanted to he could have stepped on the gas at any time but then it would look like what it was, a sham!!!!!

Floyd vs Pacman
        Floyd vs Connor .......these are the two biggest rip offs of all time.

Anyone who can't understand it are just as dumb as Floyd knew you'd be.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          1. Floyd clearly carried connor

2. Boxing fans trying to give connor credit to justify this circus fight are morons

3.floyd suckered casuals and floyd groupies again and its why he wore the mask to the ring. It was a stick up and he mugged you all

4.floyd looked old and slow , as he should, he is old now.

5.it was a glorified sparring match and floyd took it easy on an overmatched mma fighter

It always amazes me how much people really dont know what they see.
          I agree. I laugh when idiots try to say Floyd got hit on purpose. What an ignorant concept.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            lol please
            Floyd didnt carry him, he just had problems because of Connor's southpaw stance, height, longer arm reach and poise and the fact Floyd isnt a pressure fighter and is 40 years old.

If Floyd fought someone similar to Connors dimensions that night and who was an elite boxer he would have lost.
            Agreed. If Floyd had fought Conor after he had even ten fights of pro experience, he probably would have got KTFO.

And, no I'm not even slightly kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              After round 1 Mayweather Sr said something like "he'll be finished by round 4", a few rounds later he said something like "you can start putting it on him anytime you want."

They clearly gave McGregor the first few rounds and let him tire himself out.

They shouldn't have done it. It embarrassed boxing giving him them rounds.
              Even if the game plan was to tire Conor out, they didn't get hit on purpose and even when Floyd was supposed to 'turn it up' in the 4th rd, the fight was still very competitive until Conor hit the stamina wall in rd 9. That should've never happened with an all time great and an MMA fighter making his debut. Never. Conor is special and he proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                He barely landed anything early and couldnt even seriously hurt Conor while Conor was a sitting duck. Did you ****** ass think he could have ended that earlier if he wanted to? How? By doing what?

He did what he was supposed to do, it just annoys me when clueless fans say floyd carried him. As if Floyd could have done anything differently when Conor was still fresh.
                Totally true. Conor wasn't getting hit at all until he was winded. And I know Floyd was trying to hit him. Conor was just a way, way more adept striker than he thought. Did anyone expect him to have 12 round boxing stamina? Even the very best amateurs out of the Olympics start with 6 and 8 round fights for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                  I don't think he "carried" him, but he played it safe for the first 3 rounds, got a look at what was in front of him, and let Conor fatigue himself, then went to work
                  I can agree with this. Which leads me to my overall assessment of the fight. That Conor was fighting Floyd on even ground right up until he gassed, even when Floyd decided to try and really implement his fight. That should be revered for a fighter making his pro debut. That fight wasn't for a title and shouldn't have been for 12 rds anyways. To put this into perspective, Conor landed more in 9 rds than Canelo and Pacquiao landed over 12 rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
                    This.... 😂😂😂

I wouldn't call it embarrassing but he definately gave the MMA only guys more ammunition.

Anybody who thinks connors awkward jabbing limited Floyd to 5 punches a round in the first two rounds then all of sudden just starts landing at will don't know **** about Floyd or boxing.
                    Conor was still out throwing and out landing him even when Floyd 'turned it up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Jusy re watched the fight .

Floyd took it easy on connor .

He literally looks like he is sparring with connor and working with him .
                      It was blatant. That there is even a question about this reinforces how blind and dumb the majority of people are. Floyd was NOT exhibiting his normal posture and level of intensity. He deliberately threw punches offline FFS..

Comment

Working...
                      X