Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked but I think it was held back by trying to be funny. I understand it's how Marvel likes to do it but it's getting a little old for me.

Comment

Just got back from watching this.. Loved it.. They totally nailed Spider Man

Comment

I just watched it and thought it was OK. But they have a superhero save the day music playing in the back like in the avengers I absolutely hate it. Whoever composed it should be embarrassed sounds so childish. Thought this would be a continuation of winter soldier which was a very good film, didn't have the marvel comic theme of just being a popcorn flick. But this is avengers 3. And batman v superman wasn't very good. But I preferred the darker tone of the film. Which is why I preferred that. I think they should have stuck to the winter soldier style. I was disappointed they went more along the avengers style.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          I've always been of the opinion that wb should have adapted graphic novels, or mini series, straight off the page, instead of attempting to concoct a universe ala marvel.

they've been playing catch up since day one. zack snyder's adapted two graphic novels straight off the page, in 300 and watchmen and did fairly well.

blows my mind that that never occurred to them. that's the hollywood creative process for you.

a stand alone 'kingdom come' 'dark knight returns' 'red son' etc, would all kill.

you could even turn them into duologies if one film isn't enough to tell a story.

instead, they gave this guy free reign and he ended making two movies, that he then threw into a blender and put that **** to film.

and this isn't a matter of marvel vs dc to me. marvel bores me for the most part.
          300 and Watchmen were dope, I don't care what anyone says lol

Shared universes are stupid to me. I like the comic book guys to stick in their own films, fighting their own villains. I don't know, that's just me I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            That's crazy, I thought Rises was the best one with Bale and Hardy
            Really?!?!?! Nah, no way bro lol

Batman Begins was a great origin story. It was gritty, felt like the perfect dark toned Batman movie. And Liam Neeson was great as Ras Al Ghul, and Cilian Murphy was a real good Scarecrow/Dr Crane too. I love the "feel" of this one the most.

And The Dark Knight was amazing. Heath Ledger made the movie though. Without his Joker, it's just a solid/decent movie. But damn he really really really keeps you engaged and alert, and just waiting for whats going to happen next. I don't think there's ever been a single performance in this genre that can stand up to his Joker.

Dark Knight Rises was good at parts, OK at parts, and crappy at a lot of parts IMO. The good was Hardy as Bane, the gritty tone at times.....and yeah mainly Hardy as Bane. The Bad was the cheesy lines, the lame fight scene between them at the end (the first fight scene between them was GREAT though), the ticking time bomb countdown ending, the "twist" that was kind of lame too, the fake cop out killing of Batman only to show he's not really dead, the whole Robin angle, Anne Hatheway, Banes death, etc.

But Bane was ****ing badass. The best scenes in the whole movie were easily Bane and Batman's first fight, Bane's "speech" when he imprisoned Batman, Bane's intro was pretty good on the plane, Bane killing that one fool when he grabbed him by the neck and what not, and the whole Wall Street Bank heist and chase scene. Basically Bane was ill, but the rest......

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              300 and Watchmen were dope, I don't care what anyone says lol

Shared universes are stupid to me. I like the comic book guys to stick in their own films, fighting their own villains. I don't know, that's just me I guess.
              i agree with this.

watchmen i enjoyed very much. ive seen the 3hr directors cut on 720p. just destroyed a batch. 300 too. shared universes are only good for discussion or fan made. unless a billionaire purchases both marvel and disney and combines.
              Last edited by SterlingStained; 05-16-2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Give it a 5/10 but I've never been to keen on comic book movies anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GOT BEEF? View Post
                  how the hell do people like this movie???

i almost fell asleep like 10 times during it. it was such a long, boring drawn out movie. every character feels unstoppable and literally nothing can happen to them. they are never in any danger due to their invincibility. there's way too much joking around during the "fight" scenes. weak ass villain too. the only plus are the scenes with scarlet johassen and that other chick with the killer tits. robert downey jr is so annoying too, i can't even look at him as ironman anymore. i just look at him and think about his manlet syndrome. during his scenes i was just thinking to myself "I wonder if he gets insecure for being such a manlet around those two hot actresses while having to compete with Chris Evans and that black guy. I wonder if hes wearing lifts during these scenes"
                  I must admit, I've really gone off RDJ after he walked out of that interview and the consequent fall out.

I dunno if you saw, but he described the interview on Stern as a "bottom feeder".

If he thinks an interviewer is plankton, what does he think of US? Besides which, he's been phoning it in for at least two movies now.

Comment

Lol, RDJ really does like his lifts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X