No announcement yet.

Inside fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside fighting

I know this is a dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to hold your guard/hands at cheek bone level when your working the inside with your opponent? I’m asking this because I’ve never tried it, but usually I’ll just shell up with a high guard on the inside and as a result I can’t get off any punches as fast as having them at cheek level. I know at cheek level your forehead is exposed, but it’s better than getting hit in the face or chin.

A shot to the temple will mess you up. It can make you feel as though the ring floor is in a quirky house with 45' floors at the carnival...........Rockin'

Comment

You need to be able to see/feel punches coming and punching oppurtunities for yourself most of the time. Shelling up is for when you're on the rope and/or exhausted. Go watch some Roberto Duran at 0.5x speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        A shot to the temple will mess you up. It can make you feel as though the ring floor is in a quirky house with 45' floors at the carnival...........Rockin'
        Ive been there, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Ive been there, unfortunately.
          You get in a ring to throw shots with somebody and **** just happens. Atleast you've been in there jukin' and jivin', doing your thing..…...Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 05-26-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            You need to be able to see/feel punches coming and punching oppurtunities for yourself most of the time. Shelling up is for when you're on the rope and/or exhausted. Go watch some Roberto Duran at 0.5x speed.
            I second this.

Study Roberto Duran's inside fighting and pick up what you can.

Comment

Working...
            X