No announcement yet.

Punching technique/forearm method

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punching technique/forearm method

Im used to punching with gloves on but last weekend i hit somebody with barefist n i twisted the **** outta my wrist. I totally forgot how to hold my forearms when punching.do i tense them up or what? I hit hard so i **** myself up. How do you hold your forearm when punching and how do i sit down to maximize my concussive power?

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
    Im used to punching with gloves on but last weekend i hit somebody with barefist n i twisted the **** outta my wrist. I totally forgot how to hold my forearms when punching.do i tense them up or what? I hit hard so i **** myself up. How do you hold your forearm when punching and how do i sit down to maximize my concussive power?
    or stop abusing ur boxing abilities... karma.
    unless ur self defending someone who cant run... otherwise run u bumb

Comment

I have read some dumb threads, shid I even made some dumb threads but damn this tops it!! What do you mean how do you hold your forearms lmao what does your forearms have to do with anything

Comment

shhheeeit nyuuggkaahh lol

Comment

Sounds to me like you might need to do some wrist curls to strengthen up your wrist.

You don't want to keep anything tense. Clinch your fist right before impact, it goes right along with the the snap you generate with your punches.

As far as sitting on your punches, that has to do with using your legs, hips and shoulders to generate you power (assuming proper technique). With out generating you power from your legs and hips you will throw "arm punches". This also has to do with commitment to your punches because it is easier to touch someone with arm punches tho they wont hurt (bad). Where as throwing your punches with punches with proper snap on them can leave you more vulnerable because of the distance you have to close to land and its harder to avoid being hit because you are fully committed to your punch position wise.

Lastly get in a gym, these are questions a trainer can easily help you with and show you. And stop fighting out side the ring.

Comment

Working...
          X