No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence - CompuBox Head To Head Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    This weekend says different. I'll use my own eyes, we have never seen Spence get hit that clean that many times by that level of a fighter, like Crawford was. And Spence fight aggressively and throws more, meaning he should get hit more.
    Dont forget Kell Brook was giving Spence good leather and he was undeterred.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Dont forget Kell Brook was giving Spence good leather and he was undeterred.
      I think that is a myth. Brook is a sharp shooter so he would land nice shots in spots, but you could make a case for him landing more clean shots in three or four rounds vs GGG than he did in 11 rounds against Spence. But I think the point you are making is Spence took the shots well and you would be correct.

Comment

This weekend says different. I'll use my own eyes, we have never seen Spence get hit that clean that many times by that level of a fighter, like Crawford was. And Spence fight aggressively and throws more, meaning he should get hit more.

Spence will run into counters all night. He can only fight one way. This isn't a weight drained Brook he'll be fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post

Spence will run into counters all night. He can only fight one way. This isn't a weight drained Brook he'll be fighting.
          A upcoming Spence caught with a shot vs Me talking about the P4P #1 who supposedly has way better defense and fights way more defensively getting tagged cleanly in many of the rounds against a C level fighter, this weekend.

Try to keep up.

Comment

A upcoming Spence caught with a shot vs Me talking about the P4P #1 who supposedly has way better defense and fights way more defensively getting tagged cleanly in many of the rounds against a C level fighter, this weekend.

Try to keep up.
            You said "ive never seen Spence hit that clean". Anyway when there is a matchup between skill and power I always go with skill. Crawford has many more dimensions to his game than Spence does.

Comment

You said "ive never seen Spence hit that clean". Anyway when there is a matchup between skill and power I always go with skill. Crawford has many more dimensions to his game than Spence does.
              Go watch some more Spence if you think he's coming in with just Power

Especially from 5:20 on.. the movement and variation of Punches Spence was showing.
              Last edited by CLUE; 10-16-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

As usual stats means nothing, they need to fight not duck each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Spence demoloshed his c level opponent whereas crawford struggled against his. Im telllig u, u guys making put crawford is some atg talent will get a shock when he figts an elite welter
                  wait, who's this guy crawford struggled against

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    I think activity level is bankable when there are two guys who are equally talented but one has a true size/power advantage and is the more active guy. (Its a little more nuanced than that but that's basically what it comes down to.)

When I see that I know where to bet...I've bet on Hurd v. Lara and Loma v. Rigo for this same reason

NOBODY needed to use compu-trash to know that Hurd was more active than Lara, and Loma was more active than Rigo

Comment

they all said that Golovkin would walk through Canelo

I said that Golovkin will keep them hands at home when he realizes how sharp Canelo is

the same thing will happen to Spence

I definitely expect his output to drop with Crawford

NOT saying that Crawford will win..... saying that those compu-stats will be meaningless when those guys get in the ring

it will come down to how their styles mesh

Comment

Working...
                      X