Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Makes GGG-Canelo a Mega Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

american ppv money. that's the difference between an HBO fight and a PPV fight.

canelo did around 600k for amir flipping khan. khan's relatively popular, but he's a popular welterweight. how well do yout hink canelo does against one of the most popular fighters in the sport, who is also a true middleweight on the pound for pound list?

let's also not foorget that styles make fights. the fight is almost sure to deliver. golovkin is a technical pressure fighter with a great jab. canelo is a counterpuncher, but he tries to do damage and throw combinations when he can. works the body. both have legit power.

this will be the biggest fight in boxing. that's really the only criteria for producing a megafight. fans, casuals in particular, decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
      Why do you think people want to see these two boxers of our generation fight so bad and is it because lacking of other big fight opputunities?

Do people believe these two guys have exceptional boxing skills to make a great fight? What is the reason some people anticipate this fight like they did May-Pac?

Do we really want to see it so much really?

From racial perspective, is there any chance white skinned people want to see their two boxing heroes fight and that's the main fuel of the fight?

Apparently you need 2 legends to make a mega fight; since when and for what reason these two are considered as legends?
      Easy. They're the two most popular fighters fight now and they're around the same division.

A lot of people think ggg is a monster and the most popular boxer have a chance to take him down. The fight probably sells itself.

I don't want to see it that much but it's one of the better fights ggg can get. I think Alvarez is going to get beat by stoppage and the rounds won't be that close.

I'm not sure where your going with the race question. Sounds like a race bait.

Nope they're not two legends, but Alvarez is probably going to be a Mexican legend when his career is over. Ggg probably won't be unless he cleans out another division and beat a bunch of the top 175 which I doubt would happen.

Comment

I don't consider it a mega fight like DLH-May or May-Pac but it is one of the biggest matchups to make in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          I just asked if race was a factor in this fight, because it is not a secret boxing is dominated by blacks and latinos who look like latinos.
          Order of my fav. fighters' names has nothing to do with my being racist, I also know it looks absurd but I can't find a slick non-african guy to add there, believe me I tried lol.
          That's no a secret, that's just wrong.

If you go on boxrec and check the P4P list.

The top 5 is

1. Alvarez
          2. Kovalev
          3. GGG
          4. Thurman
          5. Fury

Wich include 4.5 "white persons" lol

We can disagree with this list, boxrec is based on activity with a point system, that's why you won't find Ward (IMO the best pure boxer in the game).

But Alvarez is ranked as the best 154 pounders (wins over Cotto, Trout, Lara), GGG as the best 160, Fury is the best HW, Kova the best at 175, Thurman the best 147 pounders.

Saying the sport is dominated by black and latinos is more than wrong.

It was the case until east/central Europeans and Asians fighters turned pros.

The slicker fighters in the game are Ward, Loma and Rigo.

I'm not surprised not finding Loma in your list (but Rigo and Ward).

I swear you flumos are the most racist fans out there.
          All of you being a bunch of reverse Tunney but having a pass.

Don't get me wrong, you don't have to be a fan of Loma.
          Just exposing your flumo agenda.

Comment

They are two of the best and most exciting fighters in the world. They come to fight, not wrestle, clinch or run. Neither man has ever been knocked down so the war might last a while. I don't see what race has to do with it. They are two of my favorites so I don't want the fight to happen because I don't want Canelo to lose.Nobody who fights at 160 pounds or less can beat GGG. They are two skilled, explosive boxer-punchers so why wouldn't fans want this fight to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              That's no a secret, that's just wrong.

If you go on boxrec and check the P4P list.

The top 5 is

1. Alvarez
              2. Kovalev
              3. GGG
              4. Thurman
              5. Fury

Wich include 4.5 "white persons" lol

We can disagree with this list, boxrec is based on activity with a point system, that's why you won't find Ward (IMO the best pure boxer in the game).

But Alvarez is ranked as the best 154 pounders (wins over Cotto, Trout, Lara), GGG as the best 160, Fury is the best HW, Kova the best at 175, Thurman the best 147 pounders.

Saying the sport is dominated by black and latinos is more than wrong.

It was the case until east/central Europeans and Asians fighters turned pros.

The slicker fighters in the game are Ward, Loma and Rigo.

I'm not surprised not finding Loma in your list (but Rigo and Ward).

I swear you flumos are the most racist fans out there.
              All of you being a bunch of reverse Tunney but having a pass.

Don't get me wrong, you don't have to be a fan of Loma.
              Just exposing your flumo agenda.
              Mate i'm half Turk, half Persian, please stop dubbing me as a pro-black racist I haven't got the chance to watch Loma yet but i will. And you've made good points, thx.

Comment

Well, while Canelo was a MW champion, it was clearly the best fight to be made at the weight. So yeah, i wanted to see it because i want to see champions facing each other and the best facing each other.

Also, I never get why fans of certain fighters don't want to see their guy in top fights. I know they're fans and don't want their guy to lose but seriously, doesn't watching boxing for entertainment overrule any fanboyism? I get supporting a team as i do with Football (soccer) but there you can't dodge teams, you have a schedule. But as a boxing fan, i'm always wanting my favourite fighters to fight other good fighters and hoping fights get made

Why would anybody not want these fights to take place and deprive themselves of events? Like some Canelo fans seemingly happy he vacated the title and won't fight GGG. Just seems stupid to be happy with that fight not happening.

Comment

its a mega fight because everyone wants to see the damn thing. No PhDs required to figure that out

Comment

I think it can be even bigger if Canelo moves up to 160 Official and looks impressive vs Lemieux, Stevens and Tureno Johnson before stepping in with GGG. While GGG plays this waiting game I would like to see him vs at least Jacobs or Billy Joe Saunders!

I think stylistically it makes for a good match up more than anything. I don't just give that fight to GGG Automatically. I think with the right Gameplan Canelo CAN WIN, this could very well be Garcia vs Matthysse 2.0 as far as how everybody is just giving it to GGG but in all actuality, I think Canelo style matches up GREAT vs GGG Style

I do think stalling the fight is to wait for GGG to get a little older but in return I do think it is also stalled by GBP so that it can be worth more. People can ***** all they want but when it does finally happen, WE WILL WATCH!

Comment

Working...
                    X