No announcement yet.

I cried after a sparring session....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
    ya thts right i cried after getting my ass kicked. I wasn't crying like "crying" i was tearing up, sniffing and trying to hold it in.

My coach put me in sparring against a guy whose been doing it for atleast one year, but i've been doing it for 2 weeks (10 classes) and i sparred a lot of people and did great, like my coach said i had loads of potential, but this one guy whose close to 6'0 and weighed about 140 LB and i was just 5'6 weighing only 115LB, just tore me down to pieces, it wasnt an ass kick, it was a massacre! anyways, after the sparring session, i was ok, but then i let go my tears and my coach tried to confront me and so did the guy i sparred with, not to mention there were only 3 people in the gym (thank god), and they were supportive of me to.

Anyways i don't know why i'm sharing this, but, i'm not an emotional person, i wasnt hurt physically, i was drained mentally, and it hurt my pride. But i'm taking this beat down and using it as a motivation and try even hardder next time.

Btw i'm 15.....ya make fun of me if u want lol, call me a softy, *****, i know...iknow....*hahah he got his ass kicked and now he's crying hahaha*
    It is good for you. It helps to breakdown your ego and make you more receptive to learning.

When I started training in MMA the first gym I went to had a woman there by the name of Leanne. She was 5'5" about 130lbs and 45 years old. A librarian by day, she was totally unassuming.

My first day I went we did Jiu-jitsu drills then had an open rolling session. The coach told me go train with Leanne, "She's a really great trainer with solid technique, just go easy with her." I swaggered my 6'4" ass over to where she was sitting in the corner against the wall, Navy blue rash guard and white Gi pants. Sitting with a knee up and foot extended.

"Tommy told me to roll with you" I extend a hand, she picked herself up with it and wordlessly sat down in the middle of the mat. I stared working for grips and within seconds there was an arm under my throat. Tap. She choked me 5 times and 5 minutes despite giving up a foot of height and nearly 60 lbs.

I can't count the number of people I saw come into the gym, roll with her and were never seen there again. We called her the Egobreaker. Some guys just couldn't handle getting handled like that by a middle aged woman. Those who could stayed and learned.

Martial arts area great way to kill your ego and just learn with out your overblown perceptions of who we think we are. That it happened to you doesn't matter. It has happened to everybody at one point or another.

What matters is how you respond to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by escudo View Post
      It is good for you. It helps to breakdown your ego and make you more receptive to learning.

When I started training in MMA the first gym I went to had a woman there by the name of Leanne. She was 5'5" about 130lbs and 45 years old. A librarian by day, she was totally unassuming.

My first day I went we did Jiu-jitsu drills then had an open rolling session. The coach told me go train with Leanne, "She's a really great trainer with solid technique, just go easy with her." I swaggered my 6'4" ass over to where she was sitting in the corner against the wall, Navy blue rash guard and white Gi pants. Sitting with a knee up and foot extended.

"Tommy told me to roll with you" I extend a hand, she picked herself up with it and wordlessly sat down in the middle of the mat. I stared working for grips and within seconds there was an arm under my throat. Tap. She choked me 5 times and 5 minutes despite giving up a foot of height and nearly 60 lbs.

I can't count the number of people I saw come into the gym, roll with her and were never seen there again. We called her the Egobreaker. Some guys just couldn't handle getting handled like that by a middle aged woman. Those who could stayed and learned.

Martial arts area great way to kill your ego and just learn with out your overblown perceptions of who we think we are. That it happened to you doesn't matter. It has happened to everybody at one point or another.

What matters is how you respond to it.
      Ill always remember when this woman used to clean house at this MMA gym, until one day she had some real big guy down and pushed up and literally stood on his feet, with her still wrapped around him - and then he gave her a near perfect F5 like Brock Lesnar and nearly put her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Ill always remember when this woman used to clean house at this MMA gym, until one day she had some real big guy down and pushed up and literally stood on his feet, with her still wrapped around him - and then he gave her a near perfect F5 like Brock Lesnar and nearly put her out.
        Wow, what a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by escudo View Post
          Wow, what a dick.
          This was no ordinary woman. She looked more like Chyna from WWE fame.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Wow bro thats sad that you never went back and just got high everyday.
            Im in the same position i get high everyday but i am really motivated to stop using and change my life.
            I really want to get fit im 5"11 72kg but starting to get a gut and feel really unfit.
            Im 40 yrs old and have just started to do some excercising cause i started a roof carpentry job and only lasted one day cause of my fitness.
            I guess all im saying is for me i regret alot of my life due to drugs it really is evil.
            Hope things are going well for you man you can still turn things around and get in top shape and feel great.

Funny I actually read this post after doing a delivery at work and I never had the heart to respond since I still wasn't boxing. I actually joined a gym last week though and am going consistently (3+ times a week), and already getting in great sparring (with a pro my size). Already in great shape too since I've been training almost everyday since Sept but just hadn't had the motivation to actually join a gym until last week. I'd smoke weed and train hard in my basement lol.

One day I literally just got scared of getting old and not pursuing my dreams so I'm going for it. I've had bad depression (and still do but the boxing is making a HUGE positive impact and I know this is the way out) and I think a big part of it is because I love boxing so much and have been a lazy **** who wasn't boxing. I still smoke weed but a lot less now and may end up quitting or dropping it down to almost nothing.

Comment

• 10 year old thread, wtf?

Comment

ya thts right i cried after getting my ass kicked. I wasn't crying like "crying" i was tearing up, sniffing and trying to hold it in.

My coach put me in sparring against a guy whose been doing it for atleast one year, but i've been doing it for 2 weeks (10 classes) and i sparred a lot of people and did great, like my coach said i had loads of potential, but this one guy whose close to 6'0 and weighed about 140 LB and i was just 5'6 weighing only 115LB, just tore me down to pieces, it wasnt an ass kick, it was a massacre! anyways, after the sparring session, i was ok, but then i let go my tears and my coach tried to confront me and so did the guy i sparred with, not to mention there were only 3 people in the gym (thank god), and they were supportive of me to.

Anyways i don't know why i'm sharing this, but, i'm not an emotional person, i wasnt hurt physically, i was drained mentally, and it hurt my pride. But i'm taking this beat down and using it as a motivation and try even hardder next time.

Btw i'm 15.....ya make fun of me if u want lol, call me a softy, *****, i know...iknow....*hahah he got his ass kicked and now he's crying hahaha*
                Whatever it takes to keep going

Comment

• Crying is okay. Not being the best is okay. Getting your ass kicked in sparring is okay. Having the boxing iq of a rock is okay. But ONLY as long as you keep going back with the intent to get better. The moment you're goal is to coast through a workout is the moment you're mentally done.

Always go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                    Crying is okay. Not being the best is okay. Getting your ass kicked in sparring is okay. Having the boxing iq of a rock is okay. But ONLY as long as you keep going back with the intent to get better. The moment you're goal is to coast through a workout is the moment you're mentally done.

Always go back.
                    Great words! Karma if I could...…….Rockin'

Comment

Secret pic of you
                      [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/wfufAsrgkK8TOkQNu*ROBKH2TFyoBeJ18Bgkri1oO42RcZH-IiZRlYbDiBXPs7OwpReW6Cye-JAshwlXQCnS6XdV8ol-PaRg/1062302603.jpeg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X