Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahoo Sports: Floyd boxed into Corner by Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd fanboys prior to Canelo facing Trout: "Canelo needs to get past Trout in order to get a shot at Floyd in Sept!"

Floyd fanboys after Canelo beats Trout: "Canelo needs to build up his name more and fight Lara or Cotto before getting a shot at Floyd"

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
      My only question is:

If floyd fights canelo next and wins, whats next?

If canelo is the only bankable fighter out there, should he fight him next? Who can he fight after that?

No one seems to be considering that.

Drop the 101 excuses and roadblocks and face Pacquiao in May as long as Pac gets past Rios. Its still THE biggest fight that can be made in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        if it does, Floyd would get full props from this hater...however, i have a feeling another stinker will be in the works...gotta milk that 6 fight deal...dont let Devon Alexander look halfway impressive in his next fight
        I think the only other option would be the winner of Matthysee-Peterson.

Realistically, it's either that or Canelo next. Both I'd personally be happy with.

He's not going to fight Alexander coming off a win over Lee Purdy. But the winner of Khan-Alexander I imagine will be his first fight of 2014 after what I think will be Canelo.

This is what I think will happen in the immediate future.

Canelo September.

winner of Khan-Alexander first fight of 2014.

Winner of the Garcia/Peterson/Mattysse mix for the latter of 2014.

Obviously, one fight could change everything.

Latest I see Canelo-Mayweather happening is May 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Do you think that Mosley and Canelo are at the same stage of their respective careers??
          No, I don't.

Did I imply that somewhere? Because if so, I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            No, I don't.

Did I imply that somewhere? Because if so, I missed it.
            Nope, just wondering why the comparison.

Comment

Doesn't matter if Canelo gets schooled or if people think he's not ready, fans are lining up for this fight and I'm sure showtime is drooling over the estimated numbers.

Comment

The comparions is what I said it was.

"They said the same thing for the Shane fight"

As in, they said the same thing that they're saying here for Canelo that they said for the Shane fight.

That; "Mayweather has to take this fight" "He has no choice" "He's being backed into a corner"

Comment

As in, they said the same thing that they're saying here for Canelo that they said for the Shane fight.

That; "Mayweather has to take this fight" "He has no choice" "He's being backed into a corner"

And, I wonder if this fight plays out the same way in regards to it being a good fight before the fight, and not so much after the fight.

Comment

You clowns aren't patient enough to ever let things play out. That is why I clown you guys. Boxers can't even get time to heal and think about their future. Canelo Boxing Floyd in"...lmao!

Turn it down, off and throw it in the ocean. You don't fight professionally so stfu!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

And, I wonder if this fight plays out the same way in regards to it being a good fight before the fight, and not so much after the fight.
                      I see. I was looking at the conclusion I guess. There would be no excuses is Floyd beats Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X