Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people hate so much on Amir Khan? He is just a man chasing his dreams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people hate so much on Amir Khan? He is just a man chasing his dreams...

Seriously, what is it? A fight with Mayweather or Pacquaio is what he always wanted. A fight against one of the best fighters and biggest stars of Khan's own era. He has also said he is open to the Kell Brook fight. Yet again, it's Eddie Hearn trying to get his own way and say "now or never", trying to pressure Khan into taking that fight next. There's no reason why Khan couldn't fight Pacquaio in December then Brook next Spring or Summer. Why not? People might say he's arrogant or brash, but he is never in a dull fight and he is always willing to back up the talk.

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    Seriously, what is it? A fight with Mayweather or Pacquaio is what he always wanted. A fight against one of the best fighters and biggest stars of Khan's own era. He has also said he is open to the Kell Brook fight. Yet again, it's Eddie Hearn trying to get his own way and say "now or never", trying to pressure Khan into taking that fight next. There's no reason why Khan couldn't fight Pacquaio in December then Brook next Spring or Summer. Why not? People might say he's arrogant or brash, but he is never in a dull fight and he is always willing to back up the talk.
    I actually kinda agree with Hearn though for once. If Khan fights Pacquiao next & gets KO’d, than the Brook fight is gone. One more bad loss for Khan & that’s it for him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
      I actually kinda agree with Hearn though for once. If Khan fights Pacquiao next & gets KO’d, than the Brook fight is gone. One more bad loss for Khan & that’s it for him at this point.
      I disagree. If Khan lost, would actually give Kell a better negotiating position. Yea the money grab is still on, but at 150 lb!

Comment

I disagree. If Khan lost, would actually give Kell a better negotiating position. Yea the money grab is still on, but at 150 lb!
        Eh, I mean how many more KO losses could Khan take? He’s already had a few set backs, I don’t think he can afford another one. I always felt this is his last run after the Canelo KO & taking so much time off. If he loses a close decision or something than that wouldn’t hurt him that much, but if he fights Pacquiao I see Khan getting stopped.

Comment

Brook v Khan will always be a big fight in the UK, regardless of losses. it won't be as anticipated as is it once was but come fight night, it'd get a lot of viewers.

Khan has always come across as entitled. Even before the Canelo fight and time out of the ring, he used to spend large amounts of time inactive, not fighting top opponents and expecting a land a Floyd fight. Look at Floyd's opponents in the back end of his career around the time Khan was wanting it, apart from Berto as it was an easy farewell fight:

Canelo: 154 champ at the time
          Maidana: Champ & beating an undefeated broner and earned a rematch too
          Guerrero: Put himself in a mandatory position
          Pac: Champ and one of the best of his era
          Victor: wbc champ

whether you rate them or not, they all put themselves in a position by earning a shot, winning titles, notching up good wins etc.

Khan hadn't been doing anything like that for a while. Never tried to get in a mandatory, never tried to pick up a belt against other champs, avoided fighting very highly rated fighters. he simply waited around feeling entitled to a big fight and fighting guys like Molina, Diaz and Collazo.

Comment

Being a highlight reel everytime he gets KOed and going life and death with some fringe contenders doesn't merit him an automatic fight against Pac or Floyd because he wanted it. Everybody wanted to fight those two guys

Comment

I don't hate him so much as fear for him. I don't know how many times he can be concussed and not just be a vegetable waiting to happen

Comment

Thats fine that he wants those fights BUT heres the kicker. He's done NOTHING to earn those fights. His last great win was vs maidana in 2010. He's done nothing since then.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  I don't hate him so much as fear for him. I don't know how many times he can be concussed and not just be a vegetable waiting to happen
                  I think rjj might have a few more kos on his highlight reel. But Khan has youth on his s ide.

Comment

Because he gets knocked down and fights a 12 round decision, and then says shit like he did it on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X