Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deconstructing Voting Patterns: Why Do Most White People Vote Republican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    They died in 1861, 1862, 1863, 1864 and 1865. Fighting and dying for an upper class that fooled them into dieing for "their culture " and their "homes".
    And non south states that are currently majority republican?

Or Republican states that were Democrat just 20-30 yrs ago?

Comment

Exactly. Since the 1980's Republicans have used hot button religious issues such as gay marriage to excite the deplorable base and trick them into voting for politicians who take away their benefits such as food stamps. Spending the money on military needs and appealing to their patriotism allows their representatives to divert money from education, because their overlords don't want their base to get too "uppity". The same reps vote to keep the minimum wage down below a livable wage and again their base , the ones that actually need a higher minimum wage, believes that too is in their best interest. Meanwhile conservative businesses use illegals instead of white working class all the while bringing fear of "invasions" into the minds of the underclass.

Fear. It's all about manipulation of minds through fear in order to maintain power.
      The Christian right excited their own base and joined the Republicans not the other way around.

If anything they stole the base from traditional Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        And non south states that are currently majority republican?

Or Republican states that were Democrat just 20-30 yrs ago?
        The pre-Civil Rights Democrat Party was bound to collapse. The binds that held together northern union workers and southern red necks was tenuous at best. It was bound to be come apart sooner or later. The Civil Rights act was merely the bomb that did the final job.

I'm sure you are aware the the Democratic Party was the conservative party from the mid-1800's to FDR whereas the Party of Lincoln was not exactly liberal but certainly less conservative than the Dems. You knew that history, right?

Comment

The pre-Civil Rights Democrat Party was bound to collapse. The binds that held together northern union workers and southern red necks was tenuous at best. It was bound to be come apart sooner or later. The Civil Rights act was merely the bomb that did the final job.

I'm sure you are aware the the Democratic Party was the conservative party from the mid-1800's to FDR whereas the Party of Lincoln was not exactly liberal but certainly less conservative than the Dems. You knew that history, right?
          No.

Really?

Comment

Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              No.

Really?
              Yes. Really.

Comment

I did not use race in my argument. You did.
                Yes you did, you'd have to come up with a better dog whistle than saying "they are afraid of their position in power...they thing it's changing." If you could do both of us a favor please stop playing dumb.

Comment

No it didn't.... Southerners kept voting Democrat from 1964 up until 1980, so no it was not the bomb that did the final job.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    No it didn't.... Southerners kept voting Democrat from 1964 up until 1980, so no it was not the bomb that did the final job.
                    Ok, then what was the final straw? Or who? Reagan? He was the first Republican presidential candidate to publicly state "I am for states rights" which as you know was and is the clarion call for white sessesionists.

So it could have been Reagan but it was acknowledged earlier by Nixon as "the southern strategy".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Comment

i vote republican because i don't want to see America devolve into a third world country. simple as that. the democrat party today is filled with third worlders that think they know what's best for this country. because where they come from are such glowing successes...
                      Last edited by John Barron; 11-13-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X