Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people rate Canelo's resume so high, even relative to GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    Lol...dude...I just in that post you quoted pointed out why Cotto's win vs Geale was different...he drained him..did you miss that part? sincerely

Boone KOed Stevenson...dropped Kov multiple times and possibly beat him...and dropped Ward...some bum lol...Monroe has 0 power so facing a huge puncher like Boone early in his career probably had him ****.ting bricks...but yeah a loss is a loss...but Boone is no easy fight for anyone.

GGG ran through him and the best version of BJS beat him 7-5 or 8-4...he has dominated everyone else he has been in with...and he is maybe G's 5th best win...and G absolutely smoked him...and there are about 10 guys right behind Monroe on GGG's list who are all KOed and all about the same level...hate if ya want to I guess but objectively speaking I think that's really impressive
    Stop clown Monroe was already beaten by a career journeyman gate keeper for prospects. Monroe has never beaten anyone. Cotto only losses were to elite fighters and trout was undefeated coming off a HOF win. Phuk boy just because you pour syrup on shyt don't make it pancakes. You and your double standards and excuses...every bum GGG faces is NOT as bad as their record says and list of excuses why but every great fighter Canelo fights isn't as good as their record says and you have a equally long list of excuses that's how it works right? You are really hyping up Boone as some great fighter LMAO

You said Trout lost to every good fighter he faced he lost to elite fighters while Monroe lost to a phuking gate keeper and has no quality win. You can't even keep your shyt excuses straight

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Stop clown Monroe was already beaten by a career journeyman gate keeper for prospects. Monroe has never beaten anyone. Cotto only losses were to elite fighters and trout was undefeated coming off a HOF win. Phuk boy just because you pour syrup on shyt don't make it pancakes. You and your double standards and excuses...every bum GGG faces is NOT as bad as their record says and list of excuses why but every great fighter Canelo fights isn't as good as their record says and you have a equally long list of excuses that's how it works right? You are really hyping up Boone as some great fighter LMAO

You said Trout lost to every good fighter he faced he lost to elite fighters while Monroe lost to a phuking gate keeper and has no quality win. You can't even keep your shyt excuses straight
      Dude list your top 10 wins for each...that's all I really care to see...thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        one of G's girlfriends says the fight with Cotto never happened because they were in different divisions.....

another one of G's girlfriends says that he would have jumped at that fight but it..... " never made sense for Cotto "..... which is extremely considerate of Golovkin LMAO

that means Golovkin's two girlfriends need to get their story straight
        This is the pickle GGG fans are in they know GGG resume and excuses for why he didn't make better fighters are lame but they can't even get on the same page to try and spin this garbage

Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-14-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Dude list your top 10 wins for each...that's all I really care to see...thanks
          Until you come back down to reality and acknowledge that Rolls isn't a OK Win and that vanes isn't a good win what is the point debating with you? Your fruity cake azzz still trying to convince people that Monroe is a better win then phuking Cotto and trout. You embarrass even the rational GGG dyck riders. You just wrote a long response pretending Boone is anything more then a career gate keeper. You need to reevaluate your life and you definitely don't know shyt about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Until you come back down to reality and acknowledge that Rolls isn't a OK Win and that vanes isn't a good win what is the point debating with you? Your fruity cake azzz still trying to convince people that Monroe is a better win then phuking Cotto and trout. You embarrass even the rational GGG dyck riders. You just wrote a long response pretending Boone is anything more then a career gate keeper. You need to reevaluate your life and you definitely don't know shyt about boxing.
            Explained it all before...but skill/weight wise at the time of the fight Cotto was not Cotto...and Trout was never really any better than Monroe...sorry if that hurts your feelings? idk what to tell ya man lol.

Rolls and Vanes are in those categories based on how decisively GGG beat them...just like how Canelo has Fielding and Angulo and Kirkland as good wins for him. Going 12 with a shot fat Mosley is not a good win imo.

If you really want to make slighting Darnell Boone as your hill to lie on...go ahead lol...I never really hyped him up but to say he is a bum honestly exposes you as someone who doesn't really follow boxing much...or maybe you are just really young.

Honestly it seems like listing the top 10 list is tough for you and some others because when you put it in writing you start to see how thin Canelo's resume is...relative to GGG's...who you all love to slight lol...otherwise I can't really see why there is so much emotion and pushback from Canelo fans...and why they are seemingly unable to just engage in a normal discussion without being really upset lol...it's odd tbh

Comment

Lol...dude all I asked you was to list your top 10 wins for Canelo..and top 10 for GGG...

I will not discuss mediocrity... only excellence

Golovkin simply does not have 10 wins worth mentioning

when discussing supposedly elite fighters, it is only necessary to consider world-class opponents... there is no need to count scrubs

scrub-counting is for casuals, and for Golovkin fans

the measure is... how high is the ceiling, not... how low is the floor

Golovkin.....
              - Jacobs *
              - Murray
              unlike most, I will not include Lemieux... because he is not a genuine world-class fighter

while some may argue that Martin Murray was not a genuine world-class fighter, there were genuine world-class elements to his game

I actually think that Murray was MORE than just a " good " win..... and like I said earlier..... good wins, and below, do not really matter..... because we are not discussing "good", we are discussing "better than good"..... Murray was a very good win imo, so I will include him

just trying to be fair... or at least honest, with my opinions

perhaps you should be more honest... because your ranking and praise of some of the scrubs that G fought was quite frankly a little ridiculous... you definitely should not have mentioned Vanes LMAO

Canelo.....
              - Golovkin
              - Cotto
              - Mosley
              - Lara*
              - Trout
              - Jacobs

FOUR of those guys are BETTER than anyone on Golovkin's resume... TWO of those guys are better than Golovkin himself... so like a number of posters have already pointed out, this really is a silly discussion

also...

Canelo's 2nd-tier opponents are also slightly better than Golovkin's 2nd-tier opponents... although Golovkin likely fought more of them

the best are probably...

Canelo.....
              - Chavez
              - Kirkland
              - Angulo
              - Cintron
              Golovkin.....
              - Lemieux
              - Geale
              - Rubio
              - Monroe
              - Macklin

and NO, I will not mention welterweight opponents when discussing the resume of a middleweight... for EITHER of those guys

now...

list me the names of world-class opponents who Canelo could have fought, but CHOSE not to

I will start with G...

Golovkin.....
              - Lara
              - Cotto
              - Mora
              - Saunders
              - Andrade
              - Charlo
              - Derevyanchenko
              I excluded Golovkin avoiding Canelo at 155, because he fought Canelo twice, albeit at 160..... if you attempt to include Golovkin in your list of opponents who Canelo ducked, then I will add Canelo to my list of opponents who Golovkin ducked

I did not include Ward, even though I 100% know that Golovkin RAN from that fight..... simply because they fought in different divisions

Lara was willing to fight Golovkin at 160

I included Derevyanchenko because that was a 100% duck, and because despite being unheralded he ran pretty Jacobs close

we have done the hit's... so here are G's misses...

give me your list of Canelo's misses...

Golovkin.....
              - Lara
              - Cotto
              - Mora
              - Saunders
              - Andrade
              - Charlo
              - Derevyanchenko
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-14-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Post your top 10 wins for each guy and I will be sure to oblige Mr Time

give us the name of the Hypekin opponent who could have beaten Canelo?

I will wait

but, not for much longer...

we are ALL waiting for that name bro... I will never stop asking for it

Comment

Cotto never fought at 160 I don't think? GGG would have only fought him at 160...doing that didn't make sense for Cotto...I mean come on man...this is not difficult stuff there...just following a bit of logic my man

BEFORE shht got real:

October 2014
                  Ring TV.com: If you could, for a moment, could you specifically address the notion of fighting Andre Ward and/or Miguel Cotto or Canelo Alvarez?

Gennady Golovkin: I have big respect for Andre Ward. He has accomplished many things in the ring. My focus is to fight at middleweight unless there is a big fight at 154 or 168 that would be on pay-per-view. I think both Canelo and Cotto are warriors in the ring. They both have big hearts and both would be a big event and pay-per-view fights.
                  https://www.ring tv.com/362749-gennady-golovkin-puts-miguel-cotto-atop-his-wish-list/

AFTER shht got real:

October 2015
                  "Cotto-Canelo takes place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Canelo has never fought above 155. Cotto has never fought at the full middleweight limit. He fought Daniel Geale at 157 and Sergio Martinez at 159. Cotto stated in past interviews that all of his future opponents would be subject to a catch-weight.....

"I'm champion of 160, middleweight is my comfortable weight. For what [reason would I do a catch-weight]? For business or for what? I'm a boxer. I'm the champion of the middleweight division," Golovkin said.
                  "
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

by refusing to negotiate on weight, they were never going to receive/make an offer..... and you know it

they did absolutely nothing to make that fight

oh, and there is that thing about taking step-aside money

come on, nobody made any of that up, it happened

the superstar Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

Comment

FOUR of those guys are BETTER than anyone on Golovkin's resume... TWO of those guys are better than Golovkin himself... so like a number of posters have already pointed out, this really is a silly discussion
                    On your lists...all I would say is listing Cotto and Mosley is just not at all how I rate things...he went 12 rounds with each guy and just because they had that last name on the back of the jersey does not mean they were still those same great guys...if we give credit for that...let's bring Cotto and Marvilla back for GGG lol.

I listed my top 10 for each guy earlier...Canelo's top wins would be Lara..Jacobs and Cotto imo...GGG's would be Jacobs, Murray and Lemieux...I don't see a ton of separation there..especially considering GGG had 2 KO and 1 KD...and Canelo 3 decisions.

If you personally saw GGG win twice over Canelo that certainly gives him a big edge there...in any event just evaluating the resumes without those fights I think is in GGG's favor...honestly I don't really see the logic that Canelo's is better tbh

Comment

give us the name of the Hypekin opponent who could have beaten Canelo?

I will wait

but, not for much longer...

we are ALL waiting for that name bro... I will never stop asking for it
                      You didn't really list a top 10 though...you kind of backed out of doing it

Comment

Working...
                      X