No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    See that's kind of my point...it's almost like people don't even follow some divisions here...Murray just came off a 'win' vs Sergio in Argentina before that GGG fight...and Sergio wasn't completely shot by that point.

Lemeiux was on a 9 fight win streak - and had a belt - including 7 KOs and 2 wins over Ndam and Rosado...I mean how people can hate on those wins for GGG...just makes 0 sense really.

To put those guys in the same league as Campbell and Holt...I mean wut...I would struggle to put those 2 guys as quality wins at all for Danny...they would be like GGG beating Wade...which is about his 20th best win...and those guys are like the 12th best win probably for DSG.

So yeah the outrage you appear to have at someone listing Murray and Lemieux as good wins...and you wanting to put literal 'whos' in there for Danny...I mean wut.
    I also dont get how some of those guys get written off as bums when at the time they fought the were on fire.

Lemieux was no slouch when GGG fought him. It's only after GGG beat him then he became a huge bum. GGG took huge shots and displayed skill and chin.

It's no different than the same people pretending that every big name their favorite fighter beats was the prime best version of themselves and took huge risks.

Comment

It's disrespectful to compare them Danny's resume is on another level compared to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Don't mistake me, man. I don't subscribe to P4P at all, conceptually it's nonsense, and the Boxrec P4P is no better and probably worse than everyone else's... all I'm saying is that in this circumstance it's good for giving an idea of just what level the opponents were at when Danny and Gennady fought 'em.

Other thing is Boxrec weighs for KOs and dominance of wins too, and whilst I don't think that's unreasonable it might not be to everyone's taste... not sure if it fits the TSs parameters here.

As I said if I could actually be bothered putting the work in I'd be pulling out the divisional rankings (per TBRB or Ring if it was prior to 2012) of the guys they fought at the time they fought them, and rely on that for anyone in the top ten. Work up a comparison that way and maybe use Boxrec for loose rankings outside of the top 10.

Honestly though, man, you can't get away from the subjectivity in these kinda discussions. I for instance tend towerds the belief that there isn't really a huge difference in quality between divisions... that beating a top 5 WW or LW should be valued roughly as highly as beating a top 5 LHW or MW, given there's no direct way of comparing 'em, but I know theat ain't everyone's opinion.

It's also a observation of mine that mostly folk tend to belive the fighters that they see the most are better... if they're mainly winning of course. For US fans that typically means US fighters are rated higher and divisions deep with US are considered superior even if there ain't really any domonstrable proof.

Conversely European fighters often only make it over the pond or to the screens of US viewers when they're facing an elite opponent that they're expected to lose to... the victories that got 'em there ain't seen or remembered, merely the losses on the big stage. This is part of the reason you see solid top 10 guys refered to as 'bums' and 'cans' or the suchlike when equivalently ranked US fighters with similar losses are given more credit - cos US audiences saw them when they were actually winning.

Anyways... I'm rambling. IMO the resumes ain't a million miles apart, especally if you discount unofficial wins (and losses), Danny lost more and you'd have to say the guys he lost to weren't as good as Canelo, but his win over Matthysse is at least as good as anything on Gennady's official record.
        Yeah I would especially agree on the bold...on the Matthyse win...I don't quite rate it as high as you, and I wouldn't really say it was any better than those 4 top wins for GGG...but it was definitely a good win, even if it was a really close fight...if he had beat him better then yeah I would view that as a really good win...I think it is about like GGG's win vs Lemieux...but GGG won that one much better...but good post thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
          I also dont get how some of those guys get written off as bums when at the time they fought the were on fire.

Lemieux was no slouch when GGG fought him. It's only after GGG beat him then he became a huge bum. GGG took huge shots and displayed skill and chin.

It's no different than the same people pretending that every big name their favorite fighter beats was the prime best version of themselves and took huge risks.
          Yeah thanks man...that is one of the weirdest things imo on here...how we all basically know when 'great fighter A' is basically past it...but for some reason wins over those guys get really hyped up, even though again, they are not the same great version of themselves.

And as 'hardcore fans' we also generally know more or less who is a quality fighter...but when you have a lot of those guys on your resume, with dominant wins, for some reason those get slighted in some cases...I just really don't get the logic....like as big fans you would think we would give credit for wins over quality opponents.

Not to mention that some guys will LOSE to guys like that...and if you like that guy that lost, well I guess he gets a pass lol...yeah I just don't see why we shouldn't call out the level of inconsistency there.

I at least try to be fair across the board with all fighters and you would hard pressed to find me taking way different stances on similar issues like a lot of dudes do on here.

Right and on the Lemieux point - he had that 9 fight win streak, with 7 KOs...as you said he was in great form...that should be appreciated...and I mentioned Ndam and Rosado as wins for him to illustrate that in that 9 fight streak, he had at least a couple quality wins.

Yet some want to hype up the Matthyse win for Danny way over that...when Danny won 7-5 vs GGG 8-0 with a KO...and Matthyse was on a 6 fight win streak, with the only impressive win the KO over Peterson before that...he had also lost 2 fights before that streak, just as Lemieux had lost 2 just before his 9 fight win streak.

So yeah logically I just don't really understand the killing of Lemieux and fawning over Matthyse there.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            sooooo, what do we have here.... oh right, a guy who thinks that Lemieux is on the same level as Canelo... is insisting that Hypekin has the best resume'... ???

this is like that one day a week in school where kids are allowed to stick their fingers up their bum and then lick them... for nutritional purposes loooool
            What kind of dumba.ss school did you go to man
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

do you still think that Lemieux is on the same level as Canelo ? looooooool
              Wow the sh.it eating racist returns...I never said that...I said that Lemieux and Murray are around the same level as SD, Jacobs and Canelo.

GGG was a bit fresher in those 2 fights...the matchups suited him a bit better...and those 2 guys were a bit worse than the other 3 mentioned.

When you add all that up...you get an 11-0 win with a KO, an 8-0 win with a KO...vs 3 8-4 wins, and a 7-5/6-6 win (my cards there).

But they are close to the same level...if you want to eat your own sh.it over it like you apparently used to do in school, knock yourself out.

Comment

Well for one, he is a quality fighter...but try reading the whole thread before you post my man...maybe you will then understand the context of my comment and won't have to ask silly questions
                Rosado is not a quality fighter, he is trash,,stop it

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                  Rosado is not a quality fighter, he is trash,,stop it
                  Oh OK well I look forward to you stepping in there with him Larry lol....just keep that same energy with other fighters...like Berto for example...but I bet you were raving about how great he was when he fought Floyd.

And yeah my point was to mention that Lemieux's streak of 9 wins included two known solid QUALITY fighters...just like Matthyse has 1 QUALITY fighter on his 6 fight win streak before he lost to DSG...it was pointed out to frame what kind of form each guy was in going into that fight...and maybe how much credit each win should receive.

Do you though man.

Comment

Oh OK well I look forward to you stepping in there with him Larry lol....just keep that same energy with other fighters...like Berto for example...but I bet you were raving about how great he was when he fought Floyd.

And yeah my point was to mention that Lemieux's streak of 9 wins included two known solid QUALITY fighters...just like Matthyse has 1 QUALITY fighter on his 6 fight win streak before he lost to DSG...it was pointed out to frame what kind of form each guy was in going into that fight...and maybe how much credit each win should receive.

Do you though man.
                    Rosado sucks man, seriously how can you try to act like he is a good win?? ALL HE DOES IS LOSE..Berto was 10 times the fighter he is and isnt even in floyds top 15 wins so i dont even know why you even tried to mention him

Comment

... I said that Lemieux and Murray are around the same level as... Canelo.

any chance you could say that a bit louder... ?

possibly even make a thread... ?

like... your other threads

Comment

Working...
                      X