Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2019, 09:40 PM #11
Redd Foxx Redd Foxx is offline
Hittin' the heavy bag.
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 21,950
Quoted: 13722 Post(s)
Rep Power: 76
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 57,619.32
Bank: 1,011,449.92
Total Points: 1,069,069.24
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I love Forza Halo used to be cool back in the day xbox need to bring back a real Halo game and Fable maybe Jade Empire too if they own it

Days gone and last of us look like the same game to me
Apparently, Microsoft has made a big commitment to gaming and is investing a lot into Xbox. There's a new Gears coming out this year, Halo 6 next year, as well as Fable and Forza from what I'm hearing.

I'm hoping they are serious about pc gaming too because I don't play my Xbox that often but I've got a nice pc I'd love to play some of those upcoming Microsoft titles on.

There's nothing I really want that Sony makes but I do wish they'd pull the stick out of their ass on this crossplay thing because my friends on ps4 can't play with me on Xbox or pc.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:10 PM #12
Anthony342 Anthony342 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,957
Quoted: 2189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 42,334.35
Bank: 14,918.32
Total Points: 57,252.67
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn 
Default

I'm gonna go with "by having better games" or at least having great and comparable games to answer the topic question. But most people these days usually buy every console, so exclusives don't matter as much anyway.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:34 AM #13
Blanco718_ Blanco718_ is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Blanco718_ is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,195.34
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,195.34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
OMG, you're one of these ps4 [email protected] that is insecure about your GAMING CONSOLE.
"sales say otherwise" GTFO. The fact that there's 4 competitive platforms and has been for YEARS is proof of what I'm saying. Back when exclusives really mastered, companies were putting other companies out of business because of the exclusives. Now, more and more people are able to play popular games on multiple platforms so choosing which platform is less critical then ever.

They need a ps4 dildo for all these nerds that love to spam the internet with this shyt. And, for the record, I've owned two Playstations, I've nothing against Sony. I've just noticed they have some weird ass fanboys.
Why Would I be be "insecure" about my gaming console when I have all three lol.. The fact is exclusives matter, bottom line.. If they dont matter, why did all of a sudden MS decide to buy a bunch of studios? Why did MS decide to pay for having timed exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider?? Phil Spencer himself said they needed it because they didnt have anything that could compete with Uncharted 4 which was supposed to release around the same time.. Exclusives dont matter? How was Playstation able to catch up & ultimately sell more PS3's worldwide than 360's?? It wasnt the power of multiplats, I'll tell you that.. They dont matter? Then why are games like God of War & Spiderman still selling? Go check NPD numbers & look at how much they're still selling. Whatever helps you sleep at night chief..
Blanco718_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:47 AM #14
LDBC Slayer LDBC Slayer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24,544
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
LDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond reputeLDBC Slayer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,776.48
Bank: 109,917.44
Total Points: 126,693.92
Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac Making us BS members proud - Versastyle 
Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest 
Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P 
Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero don't ever stop crushing boxing noobs with facts! - Krusher P4P #1 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 
Default

Microsoft were stupid at the start of this generation and pissed market edge away by not keeping things simple.

For next gen all they need to do is release a slightly more powerful console than the ps5 at the same price and open up the cheque book for secure a few killer exclusives

I have xbox one x and a ps4, ps4 has some better exclusives, Xbox one has cross play and a better online community with less screeching autists

Exclusives aren't that important as the big ones sell at less than 1/10 of console ownership. That's economics.
LDBC Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:55 PM #15
hayZ hayZ is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 3,229
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,134.09
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 16,489.68
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 
Default

Completely disagree with exclusives not being that important. They shift consoles. Why would people go with a PS4 over an Xbox at this point? Really 2 reasons.

1) Exclusive games - When you have games like Days Gone, The Last of Us, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted that are ONLY out on Playstation. That is HUGE. Those games are top of the line. Xbox just can't compare with the sheer number of QUALITY exclusives that Playstation has to offer. All Xbox games are available on PC now too, this is one less reason to pick up an Xbox. If you want to play a Microsoft game, you can just play it on PC now. You don't have to buy an Xbox. I really wanted to play Sunset Overdrive, it's out on PC now.

2) More of their friends own a Playstation now because of how badly Microsoft screwed up at the beginning of this generation. The Xbox One ran games worse than the PS4, they didn't have any QUALITY exclusives to warrant people picking up an Xbox, it was more expensive AND the Microsoft top brass proved that they didn't really give a **** what gamers thought at E3.

Right now, the Xbox One X runs all multiplats the best from consoles but it is pricier than the PS4 Pro and it still is lacking quality exclusives. No point picking one up now when the next Xbox is likely out next year. I really think some people here are severely lowering the importance of exclusives. It's more important for Sony than for Microsoft because Xbox has a better online infrastructure so they need any edge they can get. With Microsoft offering all of their exclusives on PC, it's one less reason to buy an Xbox in the future.
hayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:39 PM #16
Blanco718_ Blanco718_ is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Blanco718_ is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,195.34
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,195.34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayZ View Post
Completely disagree with exclusives not being that important. They shift consoles. Why would people go with a PS4 over an Xbox at this point? Really 2 reasons.

1) Exclusive games - When you have games like Days Gone, The Last of Us, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted that are ONLY out on Playstation. That is HUGE. Those games are top of the line. Xbox just can't compare with the sheer number of QUALITY exclusives that Playstation has to offer. All Xbox games are available on PC now too, this is one less reason to pick up an Xbox. If you want to play a Microsoft game, you can just play it on PC now. You don't have to buy an Xbox. I really wanted to play Sunset Overdrive, it's out on PC now.

2) More of their friends own a Playstation now because of how badly Microsoft screwed up at the beginning of this generation. The Xbox One ran games worse than the PS4, they didn't have any QUALITY exclusives to warrant people picking up an Xbox, it was more expensive AND the Microsoft top brass proved that they didn't really give a **** what gamers thought at E3.

Right now, the Xbox One X runs all multiplats the best from consoles but it is pricier than the PS4 Pro and it still is lacking quality exclusives. No point picking one up now when the next Xbox is likely out next year. I really think some people here are severely lowering the importance of exclusives. It's more important for Sony than for Microsoft because Xbox has a better online infrastructure so they need any edge they can get. With Microsoft offering all of their exclusives on PC, it's one less reason to buy an Xbox in the future.
Agreed, and that is why the PS5 will dominate next gen, just like they did this gen(Unless Sony messes up like they did during the PS3 era but I doubt it).


People are already looking forward to sequels to games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War (Just imagine Kratos vs Thor ), Spiderman, maybe Bloodborne. That itself will sell consoles. A lot of people downplay the sales of the exclusives for Nintendo & Sony that I mentioned in my first post & always try to compare it to the like of COD & GTA.. Not every game has to sell 20 million + to be considered successful or important.. Thats like saying every movie that doesnt make Avengers Endgame & Avatar money is a flop. It was recently revealed that Mortal Kombat X sold 11 million copies, making it the best selling one to date.. across 3 platforms. Thats considered a success but Uncharted 4 & Horizon Zero Dawn selling 10 million a piece isnt?? These XBox fanboys are crazy lol. Horizon's sales are even more impressive considering its a new IP, coming from a studio known for making linear first person shooters & their last one (Killzone Shadowfall) was lackluster.

The fact that Sony was able to secure Spiderman as an exclusive & give it to a great developer like Insomniac is crazy.. Spiderman is only one of the biggest & most iconic comicbook characters of all time.. You get a game like that exclusive to your console, its gonna sell.
Blanco718_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:41 PM #17
hayZ hayZ is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 3,229
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,134.09
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 16,489.68
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco718_ View Post
Agreed, and that is why the PS5 will dominate next gen, just like they did this gen(Unless Sony messes up like they did during the PS3 era but I doubt it).


People are already looking forward to sequels to games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War (Just imagine Kratos vs Thor ), Spiderman, maybe Bloodborne. That itself will sell consoles. A lot of people downplay the sales of the exclusives for Nintendo & Sony that I mentioned in my first post & always try to compare it to the like of COD & GTA.. Not every game has to sell 20 million + to be considered successful or important.. Thats like saying every movie that doesnt make Avengers Endgame & Avatar money is a flop. It was recently revealed that Mortal Kombat X sold 11 million copies, making it the best selling one to date.. across 3 platforms. Thats considered a success but Uncharted 4 & Horizon Zero Dawn selling 10 million a piece isnt?? These XBox fanboys are crazy lol. Horizon's sales are even more impressive considering its a new IP, coming from a studio known for making linear first person shooters & their last one (Killzone Shadowfall) was lackluster.

The fact that Sony was able to secure Spiderman as an exclusive & give it to a great developer like Insomniac is crazy.. Spiderman is only one of the biggest & most iconic comicbook characters of all time.. You get a game like that exclusive to your console, its gonna sell.
Exactly. The Last of Us has sold close to 20million copies, God of War has done 10 mill, Spiderman has done 10 mill. Think about how many quality exclusives Playstation have now. They are all selling well. I'm talking top of the line exclusives.

I wanted to buy an Xbox earlier this gen, was looking for a reason but they had no quality exclusives. So at that point I thought, I would rather just buy a PS4 as it ran games better at that point, had loads more quality exclusives and I knew more people on there.

Around your point about PS5 dominating next gen, I think it's far too early to call atm. Microsoft are clearly making the right moves with investing a lot of money in new IPs for PC/Xbox. The problem is, they won't be released for another 3-4 years at least? If the next console is coming out next year, you have a MAJOR problem once again where your console is releasing with no games of substance. Theres only so many times you can rehash gears of war and Halo. We don't know what games Sony are releasing next year either. No date for TLOU2 which I think will probably come out with the next console? Nothing for Death Stranding which graphically didn't look on the same level as TLOU2. There are also rumours that the Xbox will be more powerful than the PS5. If they have a more powerful console, which has a better online infrastructure, better online options then Sony won't have it easy like they did at the start of this gen. The PS4 was actually a big leap from the PS3 which was pretty poor in terms of performance and PSN was horrible. They had the better spec in terms of power for their console at the start of this gen, will they have it next gen? Too early to call.
hayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM #18
$Bullsfam$ $Bullsfam$ is offline
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 27
Posts: 11,521
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Rep Power: 37
$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,402.15
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 42,704.72
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! 
Default

Exactly. PS4 stays serious competition because it locks down exclusives. The xbox menus seem easier and quicker. Like apparently you can check your party in one click whereas on ps4 it takes 5-10 sec to access your party. Its just God Of War, Last of Us are legendary games. So having them exclusive is absolutely huge. Spiderman is really ****ing good too. Havent gotten to far on Days Gone to have an opinion but looks promising from what ive played so far. Just always get suckered back into Rainbow Six Seige.
$Bullsfam$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:42 PM #19
Mr.365 Mr.365 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,228
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Mr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these partsMr.365 is infamous around these parts
Points: 31,532.79
Bank: 1,161.23
Total Points: 32,694.02
Default

XBOX only competes through Gears & Halo meanwhile PS4 has GOW, Spider-man, Days Gone, The last of us like damn no wonder Playstation has sold more consoles.

The only thing I like about Xbox is that I can play GTA IV and Aliens vs Predator on it meanwhile I cant even use PS exclusives like Resistance 1 & 2 on the Playstation 4 😂
Mr.365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 PM #20
hayZ hayZ is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 3,229
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,134.09
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 16,489.68
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.365 View Post
XBOX only competes through Gears & Halo meanwhile PS4 has GOW, Spider-man, Days Gone, The last of us like damn no wonder Playstation has sold more consoles.

The only thing I like about Xbox is that I can play GTA IV and Aliens vs Predator on it meanwhile I cant even use PS exclusives like Resistance 1 & 2 on the Playstation 4 😂
Sony has a murderous row of exclusives coming out in the next year. Death Stranding in Q4 2019, The Last of us 2 Q1 2020 and i'd imagine Ghost of Tsushima coming out mid 2020.

Xbox NEEDS a massive E3 because it's been a one horse race this generation. They did a horrific job with exclusives this generation but from what Phil Spencer has stated they are heavily investing in new IPs but I don't see anything coming of that other than E3 footage for the next 2-3 years.
hayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
compete, exclusives?, xbox

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.