Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mickey Bey Erupts Over Parting of Ways With Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Input1914
    Exhibit A of why blacks can't succeed. I loved Floyd as a fighter but his promotional record stinks. In a week FightHype will post a video of Floyd talking about what he's done for Bey and all of his other boxers
    It’s hardly Exhibit A if it involves arguably the most successful boxer of all time who also happens to be black.

Your statement is Exhibit A for why racism is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
      It’s funny how people believe only one person’s version of events when their is so much data out their online. And funny how people blame other people for their own actions. So let me get this straight Mickey Mouse, Floyd ruined your career?

Didn’t you get suspended for testing positive in 2013? Didn’t you get TKO’ed by John Molina Jr after that suspension. Didn’t you still get a title shot and win the belt in 2014, and in your 2nd defense, lose your title in 2016. Didn’t YOU decide to take some months off to think over your career after you lost the title. Didn’t Floyd decide to put you on his undercard in August 2017 with Conner McGregor against Anthony Peterson, to get your career back on track. But didn’t YOU get injured during training camp for the fight against Peterson. Weren’t there several reports about your lack of discipline in training, showing up late, injuries throughout 2016?

Revisionist history...Get the F...out of of here Mickey Mouse!!! Blame yourself!!!!
      Well said and if true, well researched

Comment

It’s funny how people believe only one person’s version of events when their is so much data out their online. And funny how people blame other people for their own actions. So let me get this straight Mickey Mouse, Floyd ruined your career?

Didn’t you get suspended for testing positive in 2013? Didn’t you get TKO’ed by John Molina Jr after that suspension. Didn’t you still get a title shot and win the belt in 2014, and in your 2nd defense, lose your title in 2016. Didn’t YOU decide to take some months off to think over your career after you lost the title. Didn’t Floyd decide to put you on his undercard in August 2017 with Conner McGregor against Anthony Peterson, to get your career back on track. But didn’t YOU get injured during training camp for the fight against Peterson. Weren’t there several reports about your lack of discipline in training, showing up late, injuries throughout 2016?

Revisionist history...Get the F...out of of here Mickey Mouse!!! Blame yourself!!!!
        Most of these clowns bashing Floyd are his well known haters. You rarely see no name fighters get title shots like Floyd gets his fighters. Bey, Tank, Jack, etc... were nobody before Floyd signed them. These fighters were given a better shot than any other promoter would've given them.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          I don’t know why people would bring race into it. Mayweather is just a horrible promoter. Bey left. Saul Rodriguez fought once for the company and asked for his release it was so bad. E had to sit out over a year but finally was granted his release. Ashley Theophane left. Tank Davis and Josue Vargas are begging to leave and several others want to leave too.

It’s not hard to see it’s the worst promotional company in USA now
          Floyd could not have done anymore for Ashley Theophane! that guy is a BUM, he lost for the british title then ran off to the US where floyd some how pulled off a MIRACLE and got him a shot at the regular title against broner, a shot he didn't deserve at the time. ashley is crap and should be honoured to have ever been associated with TMT, thats reallllllllllll talk

Comment

Any fighter who signs with a promoter should not have a Manager who is friends or related to that promoter. A manager is supposed to work for the best interest of the fighter they represent. How can that happen when the Manager and Promoter are related? Bey's issue was money at first. He was offered 5 figures for a fight. Bey felt he was underpaid and told his Manager (Floyd's Cousin). Instead of working for Bey, the Manager basically cut him off and poisoned Floyd against him.

Here is my question. Why do most of Floyd's fighters not have Haymon as a manager? Floyd gets them to use his cousin instead. That is kinda strange because we know Haymon would look after them.

Comment

But didn’t YOU get injured during training camp for the fight against Peterson. Weren’t there several reports about your lack of discipline in training, showing up late, injuries throughout 2016?
              Nah, that’s just lies put out by Mayweather’s people

Comment

Earn with Hearn

Comment

Where there is smoke there is fire. There have been enough fighters under MP that **** on the company that I have to believe they are doing a real **** job. It's crumbling and fast.

Comment

One of the few things I remember about Bey was after he won his title from Vazquez, he thought he was a million dollar fighter. He actually turned down fights because of money and then turned around and complained he wasn't getting paid enough.

Moretti and Leonard Ellerbe of Mayweather Promotions were even able to make a deal for the bout despite the poor relationship between the companies. However, Bey ultimately turned down a purse of about $200,000, huge money for that level of fight, and the bout was canceled on short notice.

Bey's decision to reject the offer was a major miscalculation. The bout was then put up for a purse bid, and Top Rank, the only bidder, won the promotional rights with an offer of $78,000. Since Bey had already turned down six figures from Mayweather Promotions, it did not bid.

Bey was entitled to 75 percent of the money as the titleholder and would have earned $58,500. Top Rank scheduled the fight on its July 18 card in Macau and Bey signed the contract, but then he had second thoughts about going there to fight and it cost him the belt.
                    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...shafikov-fight

I honestly think Floyd hasn't done too bad to his fighters. Theophane, Davis, Bey, Jack, Love, and Smith all had title shot(s) and Tabiti is on his way there as well. Everyone's acting like an entitled prima donna in my view.

Comment

Bet turned down 200k to fight Shafikov funny how Steve Kim left his name off the article lol

Comment

Working...
                      X