No announcement yet.

post weigh-in meal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post weigh-in meal

i know there are similar threads, but i wanted to make my own. won't be fighting til at least October, but i already know that i am going to have to cut it really close to get down to 165. i am walking around now at 170-175 but I only have 4% body fat already (just had my body comp taken- its actually a little under 4%) and live a monk-like lifestyle, so its gonna have to get really serious. let me just request in advance that we stay on topic. i don't want to hear any suggestions to fight at 178...

so.... what would you recommend to eat that can refuel the body, after the weigh-in, that will get energy back up to its highest potential, and not create digestion/stomach aches before a fight. you figure you have at least 3 hours to digest and nerves will probably make me have to poop anyway which i will do right before the fight...

here are my thoughts on some possibilities:

1) lots of water obviously as i'll have to be dehydrated to make weight
    2) grilled chicken salad
    3) banana
    4) apple with peanut butter
    5) protein bar (i like power crunch) or muscle milk

obviously not all of these at once, but any combination thereof that i see fit (i.e. water, chicken salad and banana)...

your thoughts on those suggestions and/or your own suggestions....?!?!?
    Last edited by mspiegelo; 07-18-2008, 10:37 PM.

straight after the weigh in eat a bowl of pasta with bolognaise sauce and meat....drink some water with this and let it settle....then about 20-30 mins before the fight, eat a banana or an orange, i was going to fight today myself and im still on standby lol but i dont think i will end up fighting as i cant get a match frustrating

Comment

Sometimes you may not even have time to digest pasta or complex carbs. I recommend eating fruit which keeps you feeling light but replenishes your energy reserves. Smoothies and juices are very wise too indeed. Much better than drinking maxi carbs and much tastier too! If you have been drying out, a meal could just make you feel bloated as your stomach may have shrunk.

Comment

also, how tall are you?? because with only 4% body fat i dont think it would be safe to lose anymore weight.....

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
          also, how tall are you?? because with only 4% body fat i dont think it would be safe to lose anymore weight.....
          6'2/ 6'3"

i can do it. i have been down to 170 recently. whats 5 more pounds? i like that alternative better than trying to gain weight and have to face bigger guys. i think i'd have an advantage at 165. im taking a lot of fish oil and eating peanut butter to maintain a higher level of fat cuz i know it can be dangerous to get too low.

plus i have a few months to adjust my body. if i have to lose some muscle mass, so be it.

Comment

Not sure how accurate his reading was. Maybe he did not input his height into the device Bodybuilders have 5% fat around comp time which is basically aroun their organs only. Even they have 10% after comps as 5% or below for too long leads to health problems. I am ripped at 17% which is usually aroun my comp weight of 175. Anything up to 25% is suppose to be OK, but I think for boxing it should always be below 20 and above 15 before you suffer anorexia.

Also, there is no 165lb division wtf. There isn;t even 168 in the am's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
              Not sure how accurate his reading was. Maybe he did not input his height into the device Bodybuilders have 5% fat around comp time which is basically aroun their organs only. Even they have 10% after comps as 5% or below for too long leads to health problems. I am ripped at 17% which is usually around my comp weight of 175. Anything up to 25% is suppose to be OK, but I think for boxing it should always be below 20 and above 15 before you suffer anorexia.

Also, there is no 165lb division wtf. There isn;t even 168 in the am's.
              i'm studying for my CSCS cert and am a personal trainer. top athletes have between 5-8% body fat. i know because i have to take this test frequently and look at charted data on the statistics every day. i realize that under 5 is not the best- bordering on unhealthy, but b-hop was certainly in the same boat as are many boxers.

as for the accruacy... my comp test was taken with the skinfold test, taken at 3 points instead of the maximum 7 (this is a very common abbreviated version of the test), so though it is much more accurate then say, one of those high-tech scales that supposedly measure body comp, it still could have been more acurate. the caliper readings were taken 2 inches outside the umbillicus (belly button), on the chest- half way between the areola (nipple) and the anterior axillary- armpit, and on my thigh half way between the proximal border of my patella (basically top of the knee capish) and the inguinal crease (think hip flexor)... an earlier reading had me at 5% which is more likely

and just so you know dude- there certainly is a 165 pound (75 kg) division- thats middleweight internationally and thats a FACT. for example shawn estrada is the us's 165 pound fighter in the olympics. amateur divisions are different than pro weight divisions. look it up dude. thanks for your thoughts on the food though... much obliged

let's get back to the food though. anyone else?!?
              Last edited by mspiegelo; 07-19-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

yeah 165 or 75 kg is middleweight

Comment

i think i have about 11% body fat....i can get down as low as 42 kgs if i really really try....i weighed in at 43.9 today , hadnt eaten anything but wasnt dieting this week.....still didnt get a bloody fight though

Comment

i think i have about 11% body fat....i can get down as low as 42 kgs if i really really try....i weighed in at 43.9 today , hadnt eaten anything but wasnt dieting this week.....still didnt get a bloody fight though
                    sucks man- better luck next time. may you fight and may you win. cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X