Rival Boxing Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival Boxing Gear

Hey guys,

I've been looking to get some more/better equipment as things get a little more serious for me (haha, by serious as in fighting in 6 months). I've taken my time, and made do with some crap for quite some time, but my trainers think it's time for me to really "go for it" now... whatever that means. I thought I was going for it when I was so tired I was falling into the heavy bag I was so tired... apparently not, haha.

Anyways, so I'm lookin' for some new equipment, including my first pair of real boxing shoes. I've been looking at Rival (some of you may not have even heard of them) mainly because I'm in Canada, want to support canadian boxing, and have heard generally good things about them. But I also haven't heard much specific. So I was wondering if any of you had any experience with Rival's stuff? I'm lookin' at the shoes (they only sell one pair), and the Ultra Bag gloves, they seem like high quality stuff, and aren't too expensive. For those interessted the website is: http://www.rivalboxing.com (The prices are in canadian)

If anyone has any insight, or point me towards some references that do, that'd be awsome. After tax, the gloves and shoes come to $200, so I'd like to make sure I'm spending on something worthwile. Thanks guys,

Peace,
    Trick

I never knew they had shoes!

I like the way their new velcro sparring gloves look, and those shoes look good. Get em and since your from Canada youll be representin.

Comment

ya get the new sparring gloves those are so niceee and the shoes look good too

Comment

i've only read good things about their bag gloves, if you got the dough, might as well go for it.

Comment

I use Rival abdominal protector, and I love it. Shoes look really good.
          Also you may check http://moralesboxing.com/. Dude is from Mexico but brand is Canadian and cheaper then Rival. I use his bag and sparring gloves and I'm really happy. Rival is innovative, and Morales is more traditional.
          And there is always Top Ten http://www.toptencanada.com/store/shopping.php.

Cheers,
          Ed#14

Comment

Ya, the association endorses top ten, but I haven't heard much about their stuff. Nothing bag, but nothin' great either. Ed, you box in Canada? I think I'm gonna go with the rival stuff, when you consider the exchange rate, the prices really aren't any higher than anything else, cheaper than a lot. Hell, if anything, at least I'm putting money into canadian boxing. It might be a while (month) before I get them, but if I do, I'll let you all know how they are, since a lot of people don't seem to know much about them.

One last thing, I've seen some people get like "boxing socks" from everlast and all... is that really needed? I've never tried a "boxing sock" but I feel fine enough in low-cut socks. Do you guys use boxing socks at all? I can't even see any difference.

Peace,
            Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
              Ya, the association endorses top ten, but I haven't heard much about their stuff. Nothing bag, but nothin' great either. Ed, you box in Canada? I think I'm gonna go with the rival stuff, when you consider the exchange rate, the prices really aren't any higher than anything else, cheaper than a lot. Hell, if anything, at least I'm putting money into canadian boxing. It might be a while (month) before I get them, but if I do, I'll let you all know how they are, since a lot of people don't seem to know much about them.

One last thing, I've seen some people get like "boxing socks" from everlast and all... is that really needed? I've never tried a "boxing sock" but I feel fine enough in low-cut socks. Do you guys use boxing socks at all? I can't even see any difference.

Peace,
              Trick

Im guessin the main reason behind the boxing sock is that theyre alot longer than normal socks and most boxing shoes are alot taller than regular socks, so with them the shoe doesnt rub up against your bare skin.

Comment

Working...
              X