No announcement yet.

Lifting explosively

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting explosively

Will lifting explosively still give you the same gains as lifting slowly if you want to get bigger and build muscle ?
    The only reason i ask is because i am a boxer, not proffessional or anything lol.
    But i want to get bigger before i start fighting, and i've read research that shows if you lift weights slowly you will lose your speed, but if you lift explosively you will become more explosive. So if i lift explosively would i still be able to gain size like normal ?

of course youll gain some size as long as you push your muscles to failure and create those micro tears which causes it to heal and grow to accommodate the work load your putting them under but you wont make gain as fast as a muscle building routine. if you want to gain mass then you want to lift as much weight as you can while still preserving form in the 3-5 set range with a 8-15 rep range with 30-90 seconds of rest. do 2-5 different exercises per body part. youll still get stronger and be more explosive but you can also still do your explosive lifting as well. you just need to workout your days and lifting routines and body parts do be able to perform at peak performance for each. good luck.
    i personally do 4x10 with a 30-60 second rest period.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_123 View Post
      Will lifting explosively still give you the same gains as lifting slowly if you want to get bigger and build muscle ?
      The only reason i ask is because i am a boxer, not proffessional or anything lol.
      But i want to get bigger before i start fighting, and i've read research that shows if you lift weights slowly you will lose your speed, but if you lift explosively you will become more explosive. So if i lift explosively would i still be able to gain size like normal ?
      Show me where it says lifting slow will cause you to lose speed. Lifting speed had nothing to do with muscle gains, gains are dictated by diet, routine, weight, reps, sets, etc.

Comment

Lifitng explosively will give you better gains, faster lift == more power generated.

Comment

Gains are in terms of strength. To lift explosively you will not being go as heavy as you can, you will not get as strong. Power lifters are very strong and explosive btw, they go as heavy as they can.

Comment

To the t-nation, man, they will explain why lifting explosively with actually give the better gains. I am just too lazy, but I am gonna say that it is not as easy as puting muscle under tention, there is also CNS involved and the motor units. Basically www.t-nation.com is the best place to learn about any type of strength training.

Comment

LMAO T-Nation is one of THE CRAPPIEST places to learn about stuff with their blatant super-borderline molesting advertisements for biotest and other crap lol. Wannabebig and bodybuilding.com is a lot better man.

BTW if you're talking about the neuro-muscular connection then more muscle fibers are recruited for a heavier lift in order to lift it, thus heavier you go more strength from that is being made through the connection, lifting explosively FORCES you to go lighter.

Comment

So are you training to be an 8 round fighter?

Comment

explosive ness isnt a matter of speed its a state of mind. if your trying 100% your trying to lift a weight....if your trying 150% your trying to lift a weight explosively. weight of the lift and actual speed dosnt matter its just that extra 50% effort. if you continue to put out that extra 50% you going to build those neuro what ever and your going to get faster. utilise more muscle at once and become stronger with out having mass gains.

id reccomend not trying to lift more then your 1 rep max explosively and after each lift to stretch/rest for 40 seconds to a min. for a boxer these are the kind of lifts i would reccomend because instead of just putting on more mass to get stronger your teaching you body to use the muscles you already have with more efficiency.

if your looking for mass gains go with lifting slowly youll get bigger but you get stronger too and with an increase of mass comes a decrease of speed. i mean wlads no where near as fast as sugar ray robinson was but wlad has more mass so he cant be as fast as sugar ray robinson. its no so much lifting weights that makes you slow its weighing more that makes you slow.

Comment

I lift explosively and it's working out great for me power and speedwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X