Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't canelo stay at 175 to fight beterbiev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    You are a moron. And Canelo would put Beterbiev on his ass just like Jeff Page and Callum Johnson did.

He probably would or should I say most likely
    But no fughin way does he win the fight just like Page and Johnson
    Care to try again ?

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Why didn’t Roy Jones Jr stay at HW to fight Lennox Lewis after beating John Ruiz? Why go back down to 175?

Why didn’t Pacquiao stay 154 to fight Canelo after beating Margarito? Why go back down to 147?

Why didn’t Leonard defend his WBC LHW title vs Virgil Hill after winning it against Lalonde?

This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^
    And it will happen again and again
    Although imo Canelo wouldn’t have a chance against Beterbiev , his best option would be Bivol who he can box with and not worry about getting knocked the fugh out

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      160 is Canelo's EFFECTIVE MAX WEIGHT (168 for cash fights that aren't super hard). The Kov fight was their for the taking but that was just to collect a major belt.
      Doubt he makes 160 again TBH.

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      Why can't Beterbiev fight Bivol already? Why can't he move up and fight Usyk, Joshua, Wilder, and Fury?

What exactly has he done since turning pro? How long has he been a pro and who's his biggest fight?
      Beterbiev and Bivol have an agreement after Beterbiev’s mandatory last I checked. As for what he’s done, he’s unifying the LHW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        Why move up to that division, win and drop back down again? It's as if he covers 3 weight classes and goes up and down based on which champion is most vulnerable . He'll be back down to 160 when golovkin is 40 and then if some ****ing bum wins a title at 175 he will be back up there!!! Saunders best win is a razor thin decision against Chris eubank Jr and he lost 5 of the last 6 rounds, just cause he's got an 0 doesn't mean it's a great opponent, he hasn't beaten a single world level fighter!!!!! Not one!
        Bruh - hes fought

Trout
        Lara
        Floyd
        Cotto
        Golovkin x2
        Jacob's
        Kovalev

Even if Kovalev was still past it, was a good challenge and he Kod him. You cant doubt this guys desire to fight hard fights.

You have a habit of judging fighters on their worst performances. BJS can fight...he will compete with Canelo, hes got a lot of ability and character. Hes beat Eubank, Andy Lee, and Lemieux...all C level. But hes a bit of an enigma, he trained half assed earlier in his career, which is why he I believe he faded against Eubank and Lee for example. But when he puts in a serious camp, is motivated, he can fight at a really high level, I expect to see the best version of him, let's see what hes got.

This certainly isnt a bad fight

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
          I like Canelo. The way he fought in the second GGG fight has earned my respect. Between the buildup and how it played it out he was obviously willing to go out on his shield in that fight. What bothers me about Canelo is I feel like he wants to be great but he plays the game in a way that makes people feel like its a illusion. I think he's talented enough that he doesn’t have to. Yea he might take some Ls but it would of been something to see him go a different route after the second GGG fight. He could of fought Smith and Plant then moved up for Kovalev and afterwards Beterbiev. Win or lose to Beterbiev he could of then moved down to fight Saunders and Benevidez. He has the star power to fight whoever he pleases and I would like to see him push his limits. I want to pray that we get to see at least watch him fight Smith,Benevidez,and Beterbiev.
          The bold is how most GGG fans feel about Canelo. No one isnt saying hes good it's just his fans see him as a God and if you dont bow its blasphemy.

They say the stupidest ****. Like GGG is a bum but Canelo didnt beat him in the slightest. The history books will say one thing but anyone who saw and was around knows the truth.

115-113x2, 114-114 in Canelo Vegas

"Dominant " and "GGGis a bum"

Comment

Because he didn't want to have his head taken off

Comment

Beterebiev is to strong for Canelo in that Canelo can hurt him but what’s coming back at Canelo would stop him cold at some point.

Comment

Because Sanders has more name recognition. Beterbiev used to be with Haymon and Haymon was not getting him fights. Doesn’t he have less than 20 fights. Saunders has the big British fan base. About his opponents he has fought. Wilder resume is filled with bums no one was questioning why Fury was fighting him .

Comment

This is the problem with lower weight cash cows.

They're weight hoppers and no longer have respect for the traditional Champion vs Contender paradigm. Whether they're champion at that point, or hold no belts.

Canelo is the one making offers like he has a belt, when he doesn't. All that Smith, Saunders get is Money. He doesn't hold a belt at 168 and never did. What does beating Canelo right now do for Saunders or Smith? Just another title defense, except its a career high payday. It's also a high risk title defense as they could lose, so no wonder they're asking "for the moon" as Canelo put it.

Same with Floyd right now. It'd be interesting if fighters started pricing themselves out on purpose, to the point that a Floyd or canelo have no choice but to over pay.

Especially in Floyd's case. McGregor doesn't need Floyd. He can wait another year and do his UFC thing, and Floyd will still be waiting because who else is he gonna fight? Unless he plans on taking actual risks against world level boxers, he needs McGregor or Khabib. They don't need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    Why move up to that division, win and drop back down again? It's as if he covers 3 weight classes and goes up and down based on which champion is most vulnerable . He'll be back down to 160 when golovkin is 40 and then if some ****ing bum wins a title at 175 he will be back up there!!! Saunders best win is a razor thin decision against Chris eubank Jr and he lost 5 of the last 6 rounds, just cause he's got an 0 doesn't mean it's a great opponent, he hasn't beaten a single world level fighter!!!!! Not one!

Why didn’t Floyd fight Manny in his prime? He didn’t want that smoke at the time, knowing Manny would put a whooping to his behind! And make his career take a decline!

Comment

Canelo took on Kovalev because he saw a weak champion and the opportunity to enhance his own legacy.

This is not a criticism however as many champions have done this and will continue to do this. Now I am not a great Canelo fan but I can appreciate his talent and skill, there is nothing wrong with what Canelo has done. I can appreciate others having a differing view but criticism of a fighter not fighting in a higher weight class unless he chooses is I feel a bit silly. Using this logic we can say why is Beterbiev not calling out Usyk, Fury or Joshua.

Canelo will not fight at 175 until his body outgrows 168 or he sees another opportunity at 175 where the reward outweighs the risk. Beterbiev is simply too much of a risk at this stage with minimal reward. In 2 years time though the situation may be different.
                      Last edited by Rustyman; 03-05-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X