Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Had McGregor Up 5-4 Going Into the 10th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave McGregor the first three rounds because Floyd through legit like 20 punches

Then it was all Mayweather

I will say that it appeared Mayweather was hurt pretty bad by a body shot in like the 9th - but oddly Conor's first instinct was to tie up and grapple him instead of throwing clean punches when Floyd was cornered. When Floyd folded I was super nervous as I had some serious cash on the fight but thankfully Floyd recovered and closed the show

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      I gave McGregor the first three rounds because Floyd through legit like 20 punches

Then it was all Mayweather

I will say that it appeared Mayweather was hurt pretty bad by a body shot in like the 9th - but oddly Conor's first instinct was to tie up and grapple him instead of throwing clean punches when Floyd was cornered. When Floyd folded I was super nervous as I had some serious cash on the fight but thankfully Floyd recovered and closed the show
      Floyd was hurt and as you said, Mcgregor didn't capitalize. There seems to be a lot of talk about Floyd's game plan and how he allowed Mcgregor to take the first 3-4 rounds. I think It had more to do with Floyd feeling Mcgregor out power wise and trying to figure out how to actually get to him due to his awkwardness and size. Floyd didn't allow Mcgregor to continually pepper him with jabs and land uppercuts Intentionally. Floyd was obviously upset as evidenced between round 5 and 6 when he pushed Mcgregor, which Is something that Floyd doesn't generally do when things are going his way.

Steve Farhood had the most accurate scorecard of 86-85 for Mayweather, IMO.

Comment

I had it closer, but it was all balanced out because Byrd could easily have had points taken off when he landed more hammer punches after the warning. Byrd seemed to just let it slide.

Comment

I had it tied 3-3 after 6. I had it 6-3 Floyd after 9.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            Floyd was hurt and as you said, Mcgregor didn't capitalize. There seems to be a lot of talk about Floyd's game plan and how he allowed Mcgregor to take the first 3-4 rounds. I think It had more to do with Floyd feeling Mcgregor out power wise and trying to figure out how to actually get to him due to his awkwardness and size. Floyd didn't allow Mcgregor to continually pepper him with jabs and land uppercuts Intentionally. Floyd was obviously upset as evidenced between round 5 and 6 when he pushed Mcgregor, which Is something that Floyd doesn't generally do when things are going his way.

Steve Farhood had the most accurate scorecard of 86-85 for Mayweather, IMO.
            I had it 4-4-1 going into the 10th but can easily see one more round either way so yeah, Farhood, as he often is, was spot on.

I do not buy into this bollocks that May was getting hit with sharp uppercuts, jabs, straight lefts and body shots for 5 rounds because "he wanted to". It was clear he couldnt figure out Macs length and speed (faster hands than I've seen in his UFC fights). He was clearly furstrated, leading to him hodling Macs arm and turning his back. Heck he even rubbed his gloves into Macs face multiple times as late as round 8.

Sadly Macs tank was **** and he didn't have world class recuperative powers and mayweather took advantage, as any top class boxer should.

Stoppage as is the norm in the US now was ****.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I had it 4-4-1 going into the 10th but can easily see one more round either way so yeah, Farhood, as he often is, was spot on.

I do not buy into this bollocks that May was getting hit with sharp uppercuts, jabs, straight lefts and body shots for 5 rounds because "he wanted to". It was clear he couldnt figure out Macs length and speed (faster hands than I've seen in his UFC fights). He was clearly furstrated, leading to him hodling Macs arm and turning his back. Heck he even rubbed his gloves into Macs face multiple times as late as round 8.

Sadly Macs tank was **** and he didn't have world class recuperative powers and mayweather took advantage, as any top class boxer should.

Stoppage as is the norm in the US now was ****.
              Its not that he wanted to get hit he didn't care, thought an educated person would understand that Floyd can fight and not get hit when he wants to he has proved that for 20 yrs.

Place is full of dummys that don't know sht about boxing.

Comment

Idiots who count punches that are blocked by gloves really shouldn't score fights.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Idiots who count punches that are blocked by gloves really shouldn't score fights.
                  Its funny all these shots that's supposed have hit Floyd never left a single blemish but Floyds frail hands mashed Connors face up.

Comment

I had it 6 - 3 Floyd going into the tenth.
                    Conor's head was too easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      I honestly had McGregor up by atleast a round before the round where he almost got stopped, that was a 10-8 round and he got finished in the next one.

Boxing fans are gonna try to claim Floyd was trailling on purpose, "played with him" etc. That is their insecurity talking.
                      Yeah, that's what I saw as well. Shocking to say the least.

The ones who can't see how Conor made Floyd into a walking target are the irrational boxing fans who can't see a connected punch from the irrationality they have over their love for their hero Floyd.

But the rational fans, who can see the truth to what truly happen can see Floyd's performance was mediocrity at best, knowing how he performed in that fight was a farce from what was expected of him who was supposed to be fighting a novice.

Andre Ward said it best:

“I expected a lot less from McGregor and I expected a little bit more from Floyd Mayweather. I think Floyd showed his age a little bit. He’s still got a lot left in the tank, but when you start seeing yourself getting hit with punches you typically won’t get hit with, especially against a guy with no experience, and you’re not offensively getting off and throwing like you should be - it’s time to hang it up. It’s not that you don’t have it, but you want to leave before you don’t have it anymore," Ward said.

Conor took those early rounds like a breeze. Floyd couldn't take off and ended having his he snap back over and over as Conor jabbed his head like a bubble head.

Like Andre Ward said if you get hit like that from a novice: It's time to hang up.

Floyd's performance was mediocrity at best. He was getting lit up by a man with zero professional fight and can be argued took the first for rounds. That is embarrassing in itself.

Only rational fans can see that. Floyd nut-huggers will forever be blinded from reality.

Conor turned Floyd's head into a bubble head from all that stiff jab. It's painful to watch.

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-28-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X