No announcement yet.

Pots Effect on Muscle Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pots Effect on Muscle Building

Does anyone know what pot use while trying to muscle build are? Does it hurt muscle retention? or does it hurt muscles ability to build? or does it help because of the pain relief or the fact that you eat a whole when your stoned? Cause I know it'll get you to eating plenty of calories and protien when you get the munchies.

This is a serious question, not a joke.

widely debated topic my friend..most will say stay away...some say it's a positive WHEN used correctly.. you'll get answers from both sides i'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by 4GvnSnr View Post
      widely debated topic my friend..most will say stay away...some say it's a positive WHEN used correctly.. you'll get answers from both sides i'm sure
      Im going to be completely honest with my fellow stoner. I swear man, sometimes when i either take a rip right before workout, or right in the middle, i get more pumped and it gives me a second wind. it almost feels like i got my strength back and i can keep going. BUT!! if you take way too many rips before working out YOU'RE DONE FOR!

usually i eat protein at least 4 hours before my workout, and some fruit about an hour before. then plenty of protein right afterwards.

Comment

Its good to know that I'm not the only one that thinks so. I smoked a blunt yesterday before I did my chin ups and It was like I could feel all the blood rushing through my viens. But if I smoke too much I'm way to stoned to workout. It makes me lazy if I don't watch it. That's really the only negative I've seen about it. But It wastes alot because After just a minute of hard workout your body burns all the THC outta your blood it feels like. But when smoking up while working out it makes you feel like some kind of tank that can't run outta fuel.

Comment

while i don't suggest it to ANYONE.

stupidly enough, 2 1/2 years ago when i was weighing 235, man **** and all - weed was a big motivator in losing all that weight.

well i kind of just tumbled onto it, i had given up drinking (sober for over a year) to keep losing the love handles and one boring day before going for my run, i decided to take a light toke and with stopwatch in hand did my first 5:48 mile.

i'd fallen in love with weed. a virtually harmless drug that increased my efforts in working out, pffft - get me more.

but with everything, and how the dude before me who started off with the whole "from one stoner to the other" - you have to do it in moderation. sometimes i'd take too big a toke and not run as fast, smoke pot and have a cigarette (don't ever do that, cig's just kill you). i did this type of thing for a while until i discovered that ultimately a routine that involves weed doesn't work.

one thing about weed is this, i've finally, after 27 years of life have perfect mobility and control of my body. you feel things about your body that you don't notice when sober, perfect example is this.

my left knee - ALWAYS had problems with it, doctors couldn't do anything - they'd just tell me to "work out" - REALLY? anyway, that check up was when i was about 16 and it was really jacking up my ball game, i'd have a swollen left knee all the time. anyway, after my mind-blowing experience with weed i learned that all this time, my entire life i had been walking wrong. i noticed this high as hell about 2 years ago, i practiced how to place my left foot into great position everytime i take a step and now my left leg is actually stronger and better than my old go to leg, the right. also as a byproduct of this, i'm not sure why, but i'm getting a bigger arch in my feet - weird, i know.

you can poke fun at the story and all but in moderation, weed has beautiful benefits.
          Last edited by baya; 02-07-2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I've been smoking blaw for 18 years, and only at the turn of the year did I start to get serious about excercising and building up my muscles. I've never been overweight but my body was nowhere near toned and I definitely was not anywhere near fit. Now though, after over a month of excercising every night at home (sit ups, push ups, weights and bag) I can really tell the difference. BUT, I don't go near the smoke before I am due to start my days excercising, it would make me tire more quickly. I have my last smoke at least an hour or 2 before my work out and usually I'm not ready to have a smoke till about 90 mins after my workout due to my lack of fitness and waiting for my body to get back to normal.

With regards getting the munchies, I don't get them anymore. Probably because I've been smoking it for so long. I keep my diet strict, I'm a vegetarian and don't eat any junk and I make sure I never eat after 8pm.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              while i don't suggest it to ANYONE.

stupidly enough, 2 1/2 years ago when i was weighing 235, man **** and all - weed was a big motivator in losing all that weight.

well i kind of just tumbled onto it, i had given up drinking (sober for over a year) to keep losing the love handles and one boring day before going for my run, i decided to take a light toke and with stopwatch in hand did my first 5:48 mile.

i'd fallen in love with weed. a virtually harmless drug that increased my efforts in working out, pffft - get me more.

but with everything, and how the dude before me who started off with the whole "from one stoner to the other" - you have to do it in moderation. sometimes i'd take too big a toke and not run as fast, smoke pot and have a cigarette (don't ever do that, cig's just kill you). i did this type of thing for a while until i discovered that ultimately a routine that involves weed doesn't work.

one thing about weed is this, i've finally, after 27 years of life have perfect mobility and control of my body. you feel things about your body that you don't notice when sober, perfect example is this.

my left knee - ALWAYS had problems with it, doctors couldn't do anything - they'd just tell me to "work out" - REALLY? anyway, that check up was when i was about 16 and it was really jacking up my ball game, i'd have a swollen left knee all the time. anyway, after my mind-blowing experience with weed i learned that all this time, my entire life i had been walking wrong. i noticed this high as hell about 2 years ago, i practiced how to place my left foot into great position everytime i take a step and now my left leg is actually stronger and better than my old go to leg, the right. also as a byproduct of this, i'm not sure why, but i'm getting a bigger arch in my feet - weird, i know.

you can poke fun at the story and all but in moderation, weed has beautiful benefits.
              dude the part where you had the stoned "walking wrong" epithany was ****ing hilarious....

weed is so funny

Comment

waste of money imo, unless you live here in BC its kinda pointless, its expensive and after awhile you end up just gettin lazy n ****. And i remember in psychology that we learned that it has an affect on testostrone produciton which isn't very good

Comment

Well I learned to do double bas on drums whenever I was stoned to, i figured out I was approaching it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
                    dude the part where you had the stoned "walking wrong" epithany was ****ing hilarious....

weed is so funny
                    I got more input!

dude i forgot to mention that im 22 years old, been a ganja head since 13. To me, it's a big time stress reliever. I make better decisions, drive more cautiously, and believe it or not i have more control over my body. I've also been skateboarding non-stop since i was 9. its never had an effect on my skating, in fact it probably opened my mind up to new tricks and ideas. I also film and edit skate videos. The creativity is off the chain! just check this for example, i made this monday morning(STONNEED OUT OF MY MIND!), and worked all through the night on this vid. its the first highlight vid i've ever done with boxing. Big Pun RIP!

Weed brings the creativity out of you, and you definately do figure things out (like correcting your walk). I remember i used to push with my front foot on the skateboard, so my back leg was extremely strong. then one day my friend told me to start pushing with the other foot because its easier to set up for tricks. And now, both my legs are strong as hell and it totally helps with boxing. [B]But i agree, do it in moderation. being too stoney to work out always sucks...

Comment

Working...
                    X