No announcement yet.

Stamina??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamina??

In the ten round sparring/fights i have with my gym mates, by the tenth round im breathing al ittle heavier than them, but they say my punching power is the same no matter how heavy i start breathing. Is this a good thing or not?

LMFAO I have a hard time believing you spar ten rounds!

Comment

there two minute rounds.

Comment

after the 10 rounds do the other guys punches start to lack in speed in power?

Comment

Well my friends say my punches speed and power in the 10th round is identical to the 1st but theirs start to fade around the 6th or 7th.

But what I don't understand is that I'm breathing much harder than them but my punches still carry through.

Comment

my guess is that you use more slow twitch fibers so you can maintain the speed and power but you also use more oxygen.

do you jog/long distance more then the other people at the gym or do weights less?
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-28-2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

10 round sparring sessions? :s jheeeze how many bouts have you had to build a gas tank like that?

Comment

Originally posted by the_marksman View Post
                10 round sparring sessions? :s jheeeze how many bouts have you had to build a gas tank like that?
                its only 2 min rounds and its sparring, not going all out and trying to beat the crap out of people.

Comment

LOL when we go all out its 4 three minute rounds.

And i have been fighting since eighth grade, im 20, so thats about 7 years of boxing and ive had a lot of un ordained fights (i dont know if thats the right word) but i have had 29 legit amateur fights.

I dont lift weights, but in my family i guess its a family trait that w/o working them my family has strong forearms and shoulders, so i guess i have naturally stronger punches. And its not so much my gas tank its just that i dont give up.

And i tend to jog a good 3-5 miles a day but i have always had bad ankles since i was born so its not recommended i do alot. I jump rope for 30minutes straight though

Comment

Working...
                  X