No announcement yet.

Parker prices himself out of Joshua fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Charles Martin got a $5million guarantee from Hearn and is thought to have made around $6million. But he was the defending IBF champion and AJ had no belt at that time.
    Yeah his purse was 8.5 million when converted to US dollars. I was shocked when I found that out so no wonder Martin couldn't put pen to paper fast enough when deciding his first title defense. Charles Martin the luckiest man in boxing history. Never fought anyone to get a high IBF ranking. He won a regional belt & contenders ahead of him dropped out or went in another direction with their careers moving him up. Then Fury upsets Klitschko to win IBF title & then gets stripped leaving Martin to fight for a vacant belt as the IBF #2. Then his opponent hurts his knee & he becomes the IBF champ via injury retirement in 3 rounds. He got $450000US for that win then he gets 8.5 million to lay down in 2 rounds for Anthony Joshua. He made 9 million US in 5 rounds without actually beating anyone with his fists. As I said the luckiest man in boxing history...

Comment

40%????

They crazy

Comment

Well, i don't think he'll see that 40, and he won't see 50 against Wilder either.

Comment

I don't get why posters keep saying oh he only fought on youtube lol.

Like it was parkers and his team's choice to do so.

That was all team fury's doing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He could supposedly make the supposedly same amount of cash if Aj team stays at 20 or 25 percent fighting lucas Browne in Aus less risk for the same reward.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyApe View Post
            I don't get why posters keep saying oh he only fought on youtube lol.

Like it was parkers and his team's choice to do so.

That was all team fury's doing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He could supposedly make the supposedly same amount of cash if Aj team stays at 20 or 25 percent fighting lucas Browne in Aus less risk for the same reward.
            He would be lucky to make $2m fighting Lucas Browne, think you need to rethink your figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
              He would be lucky to make $2m fighting Lucas Browne, think you need to rethink your figures.
              My figures aren't coming from me that's from Higgins lol

Hence why they are like 20% nah mate your dreeaming. Lol it would do pretty well with the trans tasman rivalry.

But hey your getting a slice of the Aj pie right?

Comment

Yes 40% is asking way too much. Parker is going by both of them being champions and ignoring the fact that AJ generates many times the money he does. I am no expert but a 70/30 or 75/25 split in AJ's favor seams more realistic. That would still make Parker much more money than he could get in any other fight or probably any two fights combined. If he beats AJ his money making potential increases tremendously. AJ can fight damn near anybody and make huge money. He only needs Parker to win his belt but he can do fine without it. Unless Parker is convinced he can't beat AJ he should accept a smaller offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                  Fight Wilder then champ!

Wilder would give you 50-50 or 60-40 of the pot in Barclays or Las Vegas!

Let Joshua continue fighting senior citizens and midgets as he cons his fans accordingly!
                  Exactly... Wilder would give him 50-50 or 60-40... from what?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Yeah his purse was 8.5 million when converted to US dollars. I was shocked when I found that out so no wonder Martin couldn't put pen to paper fast enough when deciding his first title defense. Charles Martin the luckiest man in boxing history. Never fought anyone to get a high IBF ranking. He won a regional belt & contenders ahead of him dropped out or went in another direction with their careers moving him up. Then Fury upsets Klitschko to win IBF title & then gets stripped leaving Martin to fight for a vacant belt as the IBF #2. Then his opponent hurts his knee & he becomes the IBF champ via injury retirement in 3 rounds. He got $450000US for that win then he gets 8.5 million to lay down in 2 rounds for Anthony Joshua. He made 9 million US in 5 rounds without actually beating anyone with his fists. As I said the luckiest man in boxing history...
                    The man is a prince, and walks this earth like a god, does he deserve anything less ?

Comment

There's pressure on both parties to make a fight here. Likewise with Wilder's Camp.

One thing is for certain - they're all negotiating tactics. There's obviously ground in the middle that needs to be met after initial offers.

I've read a couple of times on here people saying "If Parker doesn't get Joshua, then who else is there to fight?" - well, the same works both ways. If Joshua doesn't get in the ring with either Parker or Wilder next, it'll be a disappointment. He needs a big fight too - anything less than a unification now will be a letdown for his fans. The hype is there, Hearn has talked it up, now he needs to find a way to make it happen.

The Top 3 Dogs all need to make a big fight, and soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X