Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Evander Holyfield do in the 60's-70's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Evander Holyfield do in the 60's-70's?

I was wondering, how would he go against Liston, ali, foreman and frazier, what do you think guys.

hes be right in the thick of that era with all of those guys, probably fighting more than once against all of them

Comment

He would give all of those a good fight, he would still be a top heavy at that era.

Comment

I would love to see Holyfield vs Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
          I was wondering, how would he go against Liston, ali, foreman and frazier, what do you think guys.
          He'd beat Liston and Frazier, lose to the other 2.

Liston had really long arms and if you were strong enough to get inside like Holyfield would be, Liston couldn't get off or use his jab.

Frazier Holyfield would be war, I just give the slight edge to Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            He'd beat Liston and Frazier, lose to the other 2.

Liston had really long arms and if you were strong enough to get inside like Holyfield would be, Liston couldn't get off or use his jab.

Frazier Holyfield would be war, I just give the slight edge to Holyfield.
            Yeah but Liston could be a terror on the inside. Holyfield could win this due to the speed differential but he has to be very careful. He should manuever around Liston's jab, get inside to land some shots and then get out.

He would ofcourse beat Patterson

As for the 70's the Frazier fight would be exciting, possible for it to go either way but I've always given a slight edge to Frazier. In a series they may both take some.

I would pick him in a close fight with Norton.

Foreman and Ali would would take him.

Comment

looks like we may see him fighting in HIS 60's and 70's

Comment

He would have had as least as much success as Frazier (not sure if he could have beaten Ali, but he certainly wouldn't have gone out like Frazier did against Foreman).

Comment

with his conditioning I think that he could have been awsome at that time period. Holy was a skilled fighter with strength and would probably have been considered rather big in comparison to the heavies of the time, ofcourse liston is bigger but you know. Holyfield fighting ali, liston, foreman, fraizer, cleveland williams, shavers. Those would have been great fights. Neat idea whoever came up with it............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    Liston only really ever struggled with tricky movers, as well as his pistol left jab, he could work very well on the inside. You say because if you could get on the inside, Liston cound't use his jab like this was his only weapon he had, bogus.

Liston's hooks especailly the left one were devastaing, and he could use them fighting inside to the body and head. Aswell as fighting on the outside.

Liston also had pretty sound defensive skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X