• Show
Clear All

• Supplements....good or bad?

I am thinking of taking these supplements:

Whey protein
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    zma

what do you guys think? I heard if I use these eat right and train hard I will put on a couple pounds of muscle in no time.

With eating right adn training hard you shouldnt need supplements.

ZMA is a waste. Creatine is ok, nothing to brag about but you could do without it. Whey is good if you cant get enough protein in your diet, Whey is especially great after a hard workout mixed with water. Your body needs the proteins to begin the rebuilding process so within the first 30 minutes GET THAT WHEY IN! Glutamine is also good for building muscle and taking it in the morning and before bed will work nicely.

As long as you are eating right and training hard and getting plenty of rest, the supplements shouldnt be needed (depending on your goals of course)

Comment

My goals is to add on 15 pounds of substantial weight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari
        My goals is to add on 15 pounds of substantial weight.

Make sure you keep a clean strict diet and train hard and get plenty of rest. Rebuilding is done while you are asleep so make sure to get plenty of it. Drink lots of water and get atleast 1 gram of protein per pound. For example, if you weigh 150 try to get around that and since you want to put on weight go higher between 160-175 would be better.

Comment

Not too sure about Glutamine. Heard that it might not work.

Comment

glutamine is awesome and by far my most recommended supplement. Nice growth response and its excellent for your immune system. I never got sick when I took it, no colds no fever nothing.

Comment

world class fighters are always on some sort of supplements, and if illegal they are hard to detect. I fought a bloke that went to the world amateur titles, and his strength and power is phenomenal...

Comment

Glutamine is just an amino acid it works great. As for other supplements it just depends.

Comment

hey, does any1 know wat glutamine does exactly, i heard it increases ur hormone

Comment

Supplements are good when used in the manner after which they are called.

I have tried all the supplements you mentioned:

Whey: a must for building up muscles and bulking IMO, but I maintain just fine right now without it.

Glutamine: a well needed amino acid, appears to make me recover faster from intense workouts. Placebo effect possibly.

Creatine: works for me without a doubt. Strength, speed, endurance gains. Nothing outrageously exciting though. If you put too much hopes in this supps results...you will be disappointed

ZMA: I have tried and currently use ZMA Nightcap, it works very well (although extreme amount of sugar IMO) I sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed. But, Placebo effect could also be inplace.

So if your curious just give them a try. None will set you back financially bad. If you want a site that has the cheapest brandname supps PM me. I dont know if it will show up on the post.

www.dpsnutrition.com

Comment

Working...
                    X