No announcement yet.

Ward retired as a legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward retired as a legend

While Ward is retiring a bit early, he already has a legendary resume. He has absolutely schooled quality fighters like Kessler, Froch, Abraham, Barrera, Kovalev, etc., and stayed undefeated while fighting top opposition through most of the time. Besides Roy Jones Jr, I have a hard time imagining many 168 lbs boxers ever beating Ward... Imagine what he would do to Golovkin.

When I have trouble falling asleep I put an Andre Ward fight on tv.

Excellent boxer, yes.
    One of the most boring fighters in history, oh ya.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
      When I have trouble falling asleep I put an Andre Ward fight on tv.

Excellent boxer, yes.
      One of the most boring fighters in history, oh ya.
      I don't find him boring. I think Ward has a very unique boxing style that is closer to actual street fighting than boxing usually is. He grapples a lot, which also happens in real fights, and he gives some headbutts when he gets the oppurtunity, just like in real fights. Ward forces his opponents to think like street fighters. The soft boxer mentality is not enough against Ward. He brings some much-needed realism to the sport.

Comment

Kovlalev finished his career. He broke his body.

He might have won on paper, thanks to the officials and ref... but he felt Kovalev’s shots in both fights, and they broke his body and will when he heard that Kovalev considers them even 1-1 and wanted a third fight haha.

http://andresogward.com/missionaccomplished/

“I am leaving because my body can no longer put up with the rigors of the sport and therefore my desire to fight is no longer there...”

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Kovlalev finished his career. He broke his body.

He might have won on paper, thanks to the officials and ref... but he felt Kovalev’s shots in both fights, and they broke his body and will when he heard that Kovalev considers them even 1-1 and wanted a third fight haha.

http://andresogward.com/missionaccomplished/

“I am leaving because my body can no longer put up with the rigors of the sport and therefore my desire to fight is no longer there...”

Kovalev's career is finished too and Ward schooled him twice, so who gives a **** about your opinion. Kovalev's best win is grandpa Hopkins. Ward will be remembered as a legend while Kovalev will be remembered as Ward's b!ch.

Comment

he was a legend in his own mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              he was a legend in his own mind.
              Nah, he was a legend according to his career. How many current fighters have a better resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                Kovalev's career is finished too and Ward schooled him twice, so who gives a **** about your opinion. Kovalev's best win is grandpa Hopkins. Ward will be remembered as a legend while Kovalev will be remembered as Ward's b!ch.
                "Legendary" boxers all have one thing in common - FANS. That rules Ward out, I'm afraid. You can't be a legend if nobody knows who da **** you are!

Comment

Good fighter. But a legend? Nah, I don't think so. He had his chance to be a legend, he squandered away most of his potential with inactivity and poor choices.. Wasted years of his career, came back, fought some scrubs, and got a bull**** decision. Although he did win the Kov rematch decisively tbf, I give him that, but I think he's full of **** when he says he has nothing left to prove

Comment

"Schooled Kovalev"

I've heard it all.

Comment

Working...
                    X