No announcement yet.

Sparring Problems!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Problems!

Ok well I decided to post this because I need help.

I am having trouble sparring and I need some words of wisdom.
    so if your gonna just come in here and say " just quit " or flame just get the **** out and stop wasting your time

ok so here is a list

1. I get really nervous like during the week I think about it and Im like ok Im not scared but when my trainer puts me in there I just get nervous and don't think.

2. I often put my head down when I spar and just get beat up on, I know your never supose to take your eyes of your target but when I get punched my eyes get all watery and red and such.

3. When I get in there how do I work with somebody? I always end up getting in there with somebody at least 15-30lb heavier then me. I just go in there and box them ( thats my specialty xD ) but it always seems like there just beating my ass no matter how hard I hit them.

ok post away guys
    Last edited by LetsgetSAVAGE; 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM.

how long have you been sparring? i know ive sparring only a few times and im still not used to getting punched in the face completely because i dont do it as often as i would like. if your still new to it then your still fighting your natural instinct. when you get put in a situation like that you either panic and cover up and protect or you run away. its just a matter of teaching your mind to just deal with it because you'll never see whats coming if you panic after getting hit. usually takes me getting hit a few times to get used to it again and then i start to watch a lot more and it gets easier. just keep at it and you should get used to it.

Comment

Iv been training for a year in april, Iv only sparred 5 or 6 times lol that might be why but idk. my technique and skill is great its just when I spar It feels like I cant put anything together and I just end up feeling stupid

Comment

thats your problem. ive sparred maybe that many times as well with huge gaps in between. you have to spar on a daily basis or atleast 1+ times a week. if you want to, then youll get used to it. if you cant push yourself to get used to it then you never will. keep sparring and im sure youll get used to it. the reason why you cant put anything together is because your in fight of flight mode and your panicking. once your not afraid to get hit then your mind will clear up and you can use your technique.

Comment

Thanks bro, I really appreciate the help/advice. Yeah I sparred 5 or 6 times and it was all really spaced out (months?) but Il be sure to tell my trainer that he should deff put me in. I mean I know I can get over it, It feels like I cant because I don't spar that much.

Comment

for sure. keep us updated on your progress. also after spars i like to think about what i could have done better. if they allow it maybe even record your spar sessions. like my one friend would catch me with uppercuts a lot, and like you, i was still a little panicky when getting hit so i never countered the uppercuts aside from blocking them. i realized after thinking about it i should have either blocked it with my right arm and came back with a left hook after the touch or tap it away with my left hand and catch him with a straight. good luck happy sparring

Comment

brother...u gotta spar 3 day at the week ..or 2...
              ok when u get in there in understad that u get a little nervus,BUT dont think just look at sumthing and thing in other ****,ok when stard sparing when u get hit dont do that just moves,use ur feets.movin around him not back....this like play.i tpuch u u don touch me,MOVE MOVE trow.if he got you **** it hold him by his neck lol.don let him know that ur like no more,NO u are like mother****er u dont gonna touch me..BUT i'll tell u ,u need sparing a lot..more sparin,more fights,u will see the diferent/that what u make u FIGHTS ur learn of then of the experiences.NO of the exercises..thats for u condiction no for ur style and deal in the ring...try diferent styles.try diferent **** in the spar seccion one of then gonna make u better and better if u try to be better but u do that sparing!!
              im going pro this year i got alotta experiences,like 3000,000 spar seccion.3 day at week...30 fights amateure. and when i was a litter kid i used to put the gloves in the streets.and fight them olders guys than mee..see what made me??
              sorry for my english in puertorican not from here

Comment

Thanks for the advice man, good luck with going professional I hope I get to say the same thing one day =].

oh and its ok that, its kind of readable I got the jist of it

Comment

best bet is to do it almost everyday. i would spar about 3-5 times a week if i could. it wasnt always long either. sometimes only for 1 round. but the more you're inthere the easyer it gets. stay with it man. you'll be alright so long as you have the heart to stay in it.

Comment

dont you have fun sparring? your inexperienced, that's your only problem, get someone to record your sparring on a cell phone or something and see your progress. stay in the gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X