No announcement yet.

time off / rest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time off / rest

for the past 6 months i havent tooken many days off in a row.. until recently, i havent been in the gym for 5 days straight... i wanna know everyones opinion on time off.. do u think a guy in my situation is doin the right or wrong thing?
    i feel like im ****in up not being in the gym, but at the same time i really needed the time off due to injurys n sore body... its good and bad...

what yall think

I recently got a repeative strain injury in my two forearms, and had to take three weeks off, went back to the, it hurt again, so I took another three weeks off, and after that it still hurt so iv taken the entire month of feb off and am going to the chiropractor to get muscle stimulation therapy. So iv been off for awhile now and if your injured, the best thing for the body is rest, if your sore however you shouldn't take a whole lot of time off. Working your ass off is good, but if you are injured, epically if its a muscle or tendon injury you will need a longgg time off and probably some therapy of some sort.

Comment

I usually train now 3 to 5 times a week. There have been times it was every day but i could only do that for so long, around the same as you 6 months, I felt "bad" if i wouldn't go to the gym, i felt like i cheated.
      Resting is a big part of your recovery and strength in crease. If you go for 6 months straight it is good to take a week off and you will come back stronger

Comment

hell yea man, thats how i see it too.. im rested. feelin good, ready to go back and get back in shape, work harder then ever

Comment

i just recently went back to the gym after like 3-4 weeks off..

first couple weeks were like schoolwork or something. then i went for one day. then the next day i helped carry something and like sprained my wrist so i took a couple days off for that. then before i could go again to gym, my car got broken into and all my stuff stolen... so i had to take like another week to order the stuff and yeah now i'm back in gym =\ feel bad cause the monthly fee is 120 for me and i only went like... 2 times the whole month.

Comment

Working...
          X