No announcement yet.

Sparring gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring gloves

New to boxing, and had a couple question about sparring gloves....

1.) What are some good sparring gloves?

2.) What is the best weight to get?

Ringside IMF tech, Rival gloves are also good.
    Get 16oz gloves

Comment

the adidas adistar boxing olympic glove is the one I got. I recommend it to everyone. It has a nice price too 64$. 16oz is what most people use but there are some who use 14 and some who use 18 or even 20

Comment

What about headgear??
        What is good, and how do you know what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
          Ringside IMF tech, Rival gloves are also good.
          Get 16oz gloves
          Ringside had a deal going on for Christmas where you could buy certain pairs of sparring gloves for 2 for $100. I just got the IMF's and gel gloves and while I haven't had the chance to spar in them yet, I can say that IMF's feel amazing and even though they are 16oz, I still feel quick when I shadow box in them. The IMF pair that I got were lace ups as that's what was advertised while the gel gloves are the hook and loop. I really didn't want the lace ups but now that I have them I gotta say that I prefer them over the hook and loop because they tighten much better. The IMF's have great wrist support too which I why I asked for that particular pair from the start as I tried a pair out one time at my gym from some guy who had them. I'm very satisfied with them and recommend doing the lace ups as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
            Ringside had a deal going on for Christmas where you could buy certain pairs of sparring gloves for 2 for $100. I just got the IMF's and gel gloves and while I haven't had the chance to spar in them yet, I can say that IMF's feel amazing and even though they are 16oz, I still feel quick when I shadow box in them. The IMF pair that I got were lace ups as that's what was advertised while the gel gloves are the hook and loop. I really didn't want the lace ups but now that I have them I gotta say that I prefer them over the hook and loop because they tighten much better. The IMF's have great wrist support too which I why I asked for that particular pair from the start as I tried a pair out one time at my gym from some guy who had them. I'm very satisfied with them and recommend doing the lace ups as well.
            where did u see this on there site ? i never seen the advertisement for this but everyone kept talking about it . it woulda be nice to get that deal . i was all over the site the past month and never saw it :S .

Comment

Originally posted by Down4TheCount View Post
              where did u see this on there site ? i never seen the advertisement for this but everyone kept talking about it . it woulda be nice to get that deal . i was all over the site the past month and never saw it :S .
              No it was in their magazine. They actually have different specials in their magazines than they do on their websites. It's annoying but it is what it is. I recommend requesting their catalog because they have just as much in the catalog if not more than on the actual site and you also get those different deals.

Comment

Boxing Gloves Break down.....

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
                New to boxing, and had a couple question about sparring gloves....

1.) What are some good sparring gloves?

2.) What is the best weight to get?

If you are not worried about price Winning has the best Gloves....2-3 Hundred $ for those.

Grant and Reyes are nice Gloves but I would not recommend Grant if you have big hands. Reyes are like $110, Grant are $130

I use Everlast 16 oz..... They'll run you $80

Ringside Gloves are decent and are not very expensive....whatever glove you choose I would go with 16oz. Also VERY IMPORTANT if you are going to spar with these gloves, defiantely get Lace Up Gloves!! Not the Velcro (Hook & Loop Closure) Gloves. Lace up provides much better protection for the wrist...the Glove is much tighter....

Comment

Everlast Old School Headgear

Everlast Old school headgear is really nice at a good price $65.....if money is no object, try the winning mexican style training headgear...

Comment

Has anyone tried those TITLE GEL bag gloves?? I was thinking about getting a pair... wanted to know if they are worth it

Comment

Working...
                    X