No announcement yet.

Jeff Chandler vs Orlando Canizales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Chandler vs Orlando Canizales?

How do you see this fight going? I think its virtually impossible to predict the outcome, even harder since it never happened...shame. Joltin Jeff was already finished by the time Orlando became a force. But if any bantamweight after the golden bantamweights era had a chance against a prime Jeff Chandler, thats surely Orlando Canizales.

I would say Chandler by decision. More decisive if scheduled for 15. Orlando would do better than his brother did however.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      How do you see this fight going? I think its virtually impossible to predict the outcome, even harder since it never happened...shame. Joltin Jeff was already finished by the time Orlando became a force. But if any bantamweight after the golden bantamweights era had a chance against a prime Jeff Chandler, thats surely Orlando Canizales.
      Ever heard of a guy named Rafeal Marquez?

Comment

As beautiful a fighter as Canizales could be, his competition over all of those title defenses was pretty mdiocre. Chandler faced the superior comp. Jeff's biggest problem was complacency, and it's ultimately what cost him.

Chandler W15 over Orlando in a damn good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          As beautiful a fighter as Canizales could be, his competition over all of those title defenses was pretty mdiocre. Chandler faced the superior comp. Jeff's biggest problem was complacency, and it's ultimately what cost him.

Chandler W15 over Orlando in a damn good fight.
          Was Chandler's comp really that great? I could be way off but it looks to me the best guy Chandler ever beat was Gaby Canizales.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Was Chandler's comp really that great? I could be way off but it looks to me the best guy Chandler ever beat was Gaby Canizales.

Oscar Muniz, Jorge Lujan, Julian Solis, Gaby C...were better than Seabrooks, Gonzalez, Hardy, etc.

You weren't folowing boxing in '81-'83, so you have NO CLUE what the status of those fighters was at the time. So, please, don't be an idiot and attempt to argue. I followed both Chandler's abd Canizales' reigns as they happened and with great interest, YOU DID NOT.

I was a huge Orlando C. fan....but was always a little annoyed by his lack of comp through his reign.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Oscar Muniz, Jorge Lujan, Julian Solis, Gaby C...were better than Seabrooks, Gonzalez, Hardy, etc.

You weren't folowing boxing in '81-'83, so you have NO CLUE what the status of those fighters was at the time. So, please, don't be an idiot and attempt to argue. I followed both Chandler's abd Canizales' reigns as they happened and with great interest, YOU DID NOT.

I was a huge Orlando C. fan....but was always a little annoyed by his lack of comp through his reign.
              I agree it was much better overall than Canizales.

Its not exactly a laundry list of top competition though(not that you implied it was). All I am saying is if the best guy you beat was Gaby Canizales then Chandler's resume wasn't really all that either, but I'll defer to you since you were around and followed it closely.
              Last edited by JAB5239; 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Ever heard of a guy named Rafeal Marquez?
                It took Rafa some time to develop and reach his peak. Peak Rafa could win but also lose to Chandler. I think Orlando C was still more talented technically than Rafa.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  It took Rafa some time to develop and reach his peak. Peak Rafa could win but also lose to Chandler. I think Orlando C was still more talented technically than Rafa.

He was at his peak in 2003 when he stopped Tim Austin. Marquez is the best bantamweight of the past 40 years IMO

Comment

He was at his peak in 2003 when he stopped Tim Austin. Marquez is the best bantamweight of the past 40 years IMO

You might want to watch Carlos Zarate at 118 before you say that. He was a better boxer and a better puncher than Marquez.

On topic, Chandler has become a very underrated fighter all these years later.

Comment

Working...
                    X