Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: Wilder says he is exercising rematch clause / explains defeat and stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Not good that Wilder doesn't really know what went wrong.
    You would think his trainers could at least explain it to him

Well you would hope they would.

Comment

Not going to be any different in the 3rd fight if he can't acknowledge obvious deficiencies in his game.

Comment

Wilder is too dumb to understand the situation he is in. He honestly thinks he can will a KO victory into happening. Someone better give him a reality check before Fury does. This is going to be brutal and I absolutely do not want to see it. Fury should consider vacating the belt and fighting Joshua. He’d be regarded as someone who saved Wilder from himself while saving a lot of money because no one is buying a third fight.

Comment

It's good that he's using the rematch clause but it would be nice if he took his defeat like a man. Fury put a whipping on him and he needs to accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            LOOOOOL at the bolded

If that guy is telling the truth about what Wilder said then he still sounds delusional. It's amazing what a big right hand does in terms of separating a person from reality, by round 5 it was clear that Wilder was done because not only was he damaged but the right hands he was throwing had no snap on them. I'll be livid if Breland is reprimanded for doing the right thing by throwing the towel.
            Yeah, Breland did the right thing.

If Wilder needs to get rid of anyone, it’s Jay Deas, especially in a training capacity anyway and working the corner. Maybe keep him there to oversee how the camp is being run, i don’t know.

The guy always strikes me as clueless from a technical aspect and not living in reality about Wilder’s abilities and flaws. I’m not knocking what he’s probably done for Wilder’s life and career but this is top level boxing.

He would’ve let Wilder take a sustained beating and probably end his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post

Deas is a yes man, desperate because he knows Wilder should have moved on from him a long time ago. If they fire Breeland for throwing in the towel I will have lost some respect for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post

Breland could but Jay Deas seems to be the voice in the camp and he is as deluded as Wilder.

Comment

One of the best excuse makers ever. I’m loving all of this. I’m sure there’s more coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    I agree. After wearing that embarrassing costume, there was little chance of recovery.

I wonder if Serena designed it.
                    serena designed all the excuses he made

Comment

Well..i trully expected a classier act from Wilder but it's not a complete surprise.

What a bunch of lame excuses...give the man his due your *******.

Fury's corner told them to stop?They also told him to not fight back or be dropped three times?

Wilder is gonna get beat again. Man up...you're a 6'7 man and former world champ. A true fighter is humble in defeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X