No announcement yet.

Re: problem when shadow boxing with weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: problem when shadow boxing with weights

Just a small problem, i have recently re started shadowboxing with weights (3kg dumbells) and whenever i throw a jab i hear an uncomfortable click from my collarbone. It only seems to happen when i turn my fist and when im punching at full speed. Anyone else suffered from this? and has anyone any advice on the subject?

Thanks,

Originally posted by mightymouse2k View Post
    Just a small problem, i have recently re started shadowboxing with weights (3kg dumbells) and whenever i throw a jab i hear an uncomfortable click from my collarbone. It only seems to happen when i turn my fist and when im punching at full speed. Anyone else suffered from this? and has anyone any advice on the subject?

Thanks,
    I shadowbox with 1.5's and don't get no click. What weight are ya?

Comment

If there is any pain with it....it may be costochondritis......inflamation of the joint between collar bone and sternum.

Comment

I can make my shoulder click,im not sure if its the collar bone or not,it happened lifting weights, poor technique,my arm used to go dead when i done upper body but the pain went away ,then when i done push ups it used to click all the time ,i can still make it click on my own but thankfully no harm done ,i can exercise ok now,if your worried about it your best bets going to see the doctor,try getting extra calcium in your diet as well ,its good for the bones and joints

Comment

Working...
        X