No announcement yet.

Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naseem Hamed

I just want your honest thoughts on his legacy, greatness, resume, & skills overall.

Under rated by many and over rated by others

Good record/resume but nothing special.

Hamed never took full advantage of his abilities and should have been held in higher regard than he is

His real legacy will be his entertainment value, his theatrics and showmanship

Im a fan, he lit up the sport for a while and had bone crushing power

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

Hamed never took full advantage of his abilities and should have been held in higher regard than he is

This ^^ Add the fact that he was responsible for the little guys finally making good money too and that's pretty much all I have to say about Naz.

Comment

Obviously I am a fan but I do feel he gets a lot of unfair stick for the way his career ended.

I used to watch Naz on Sky Sports when I was young and he basically got me into boxing. He was so exciting to watch and I loved the swagger and the arrogance.

He would dance about and then get in and knock somebody out. Just pure entertainment..

He did a hell of a lot more good for the Sport than bad and I think people should appreciate that whether you liked him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          Obviously I am a fan but I do feel he gets a lot of unfair stick for the way his career ended.

I used to watch Naz on Sky Sports when I was young and he basically got me into boxing. He was so exciting to watch and I loved the swagger and the arrogance.

He would dance about and then get in and knock somebody out. Just pure entertainment..

He did a hell of a lot more good for the Sport than bad and I think people should appreciate that whether you liked him or not.
          Definately, he lit up boxing.

I don't understand why people say Barrera 'schooled' Naz, 116-111 isn't a particularily wide scorecard.

Also I think he had ability which would have propelled his legacy much higher, he wasted it by not training properly, after he left Ingle, Naz fell in love with his power and relied on that to get him through fights, due to this, his reflexes deteriorated.

A great entertainer but a waste of talent which could've earned him legendary status.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
            Definately, he lit up boxing.

I don't understand why people say Barrera 'schooled' Naz, 116-111 isn't a particularily wide scorecard.

Also I think he had ability which would have propelled his legacy much higher, he wasted it by not training properly, after he left Ingle, Naz fell in love with his power and relied on that to get him through fights, due to this, his reflexes deteriorated.

A great entertainer but a waste of talent which could've earned him legendary status.
            Spot on, he certainly didn't fulfil his full potential.

I agree with everything you have said there about relying on power, lack of training etc

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

I do believe this say's it all. Nice post!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I do believe this say's it all. Nice post!
                Thanks JAB, and i agree with KillerRightHook that he should never have left Ingle and became too obsessed with his own power as many great bangers do....

Comment

Best entertainer in boxing history. Had 3 very very high quality wins that constantly get underrated. Tom Johnson Vuvani Bungu and Wilfredo Vasquez all 3 guys were at the top of there game and Naz dominated them

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Best entertainer in boxing history.
                    He's up there for sure. But I think Ali, Camacho, Paez and others would have something to say about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X