Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can lack of heat effect ur training? or lack of sleep?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can lack of heat effect ur training? or lack of sleep?

Hey i was just wondering if lack of heat can effort your training at all? cause my dad cant afford heat in my house and i was wondering if that can effect my body with my training? I been training 9 months and im a hungrey fighter who hopefully wil go amatuer soon ive improved alot.
    Also i have trouble sleeping sometimes can that affect ur training?

lack of heat, no. lack of sleep yes.

Comment

Lack of sleep will GREATLY affect performance and more important recovery. People need to understand that when we sleep between the hours of 10:00 am-2:00 that's when the physical repairs take place through hormonal release.

2:00 am and when we awaken is when psychogenic( mental) repair takes place.

Not sleeping durining these times increases things like dysfunctional personality to common musculoskeletal injuries.

The power of a good nights sleep is ever so true.

Rob Pilger
      www.boxingperformance.com
      www.theultimateboxingworkout.com

Comment

Damn Rob, you the man! Keep the tips and expertise coming!!

The info you wrote about sleep is a real eye-opener and I realise I'm gonna have to make some changes to my habits. Especially on HBO/Setanta fight nights!! With the fights not on TV til 3am I usually just stay awake for it. But due to your information I think I might hit the sack at 10pm and get up at 3am to watch the fight, safe in the knowledge that my body has gone through its physical repairs. Okay, I'll only get 30mins for mental repair but hey, can't have it all eh?

Cheers again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Pilger View Post
          Lack of sleep will GREATLY affect performance and more important recovery. People need to understand that when we sleep between the hours of 10:00 am-2:00 that's when the physical repairs take place through hormonal release.

2:00 am and when we awaken is when psychogenic( mental) repair takes place.

Not sleeping durining these times increases things like dysfunctional personality to common musculoskeletal injuries.

The power of a good nights sleep is ever so true.

Rob Pilger
          gd post man thx for the info

Comment

gd post man thx for the info

Thanks, we just can't **** with 10,000 years of evolution! This is when were are designed to sleep. When the sun sets melatonin is released that helps us wind down to sleep. But watching tv, being around bright lights and in front of the computer decreases melatonin production/secreation. There is SO many fighters and athletes ****ing themselves by not getting enough sleep,recovery, proper nutrition.

Working out to late at night affects this to as it raises cortisol levels and leaves you jacked up and hard to get quality sleep. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone. Having high levels is NOT good, affects performance, our stressed out, affects body comp and performance. So some fighers make the mistake of being tired as not training hard enough but in reality, their lifestyle is whack and doesn't support their goals.

Getting your lifestyle under control with proper eating, recovery, social stressors and water consumption goes A LONG ways to elite performance.

Rob Pilger

Comment

Damn Rob, you the man! Keep the tips and expertise coming!!

Thanks for the words Unanimous... To get even deeper in to what I'm briefly touching on, get the Book " Lights Out ". No James Toney didn't write it, He's my favorite fighter btw and one of the best fighters pound for pound ever. This book will scare the **** out of you and jolt you into getting proper sleep. Go to amazon.com to get it. I do not get any commision for reccomending this book, just like to share the truth and knowledge.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
              X