Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Rigondeaux The #1 P4P Fighter if He Beats Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES, Rigo should vault up at least

Loma should win, he’s younger, beaver, bigger, and throws more. If he wins, it’s a good win, but it’s not a career defining even fight.

However, if Rigo wins, he jumped up two classes and best a p4p fighter. It’s not like jumping up the higher classes, but impressive nevertheless. And he’s us smaller and much older.

Comment

Why is the writer introducing another variable? Since when is 'how you win' a factor in most people's P4P lists? If that was the case half the fans wouldn't have had Mayweather as No.1 after he became Money.

I already said this 2/3 times. If Rigo wins there is no doubt he should be no.1. Doesn't matter how. If the judges give it to him (which I doubt) it won't be because he ran all night and never landed.

The other factor is the opponent. Lomachenko is in his prime and if you listen to many is an elite fighter. No other fighter out there has beaten an opponent held in such high esteem.

The Thai guy who beat Gonzalez was hard done by to not even enter the P4P top ten after he beat Roman twice. The reason why he maybe didn't is because some peeps saw decline in Roman in his previous fight against Cuadras - he was in his 4th weight division and 115 was a weight div too far. His aggressive boxer/puncher style was too taxing when he had heavier incoming to deal with.

But Loma is not like the Thai fella. He is in his prime, is in a weight class that suits him and has looked superb against Crawford and Russell, his 2 biggest scalps, and also in his most recent fights, plus there is talk that he'll go on to be a ATG.

So, Loma has the cards stacked for him in this fight which is why if Rigo wins it will be all the more notable and also the reason that any logical person will have him as no 1 at P4P.

I think Loma will win and if he does he has a strong case for being no 1. His resume is already as good as Crawfords (for now) and better than Golovkin's.
      Last edited by SteveM; 12-09-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah but it depends on the type of performance....we're expecting Rigo to fight in a way and at a level he has never done before. It won't happen.

Comment

If Rigo wins he is p4p #1, no questions asked. There aren't any other possible match-ups where two elite, talented fighters go head to head - not to mention the age, weight classes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Why is the writer introducing another variable? Since when is 'how you win' a factor in most people's P4P lists? If that was the case half the fans wouldn't have had Mayweather as No.1 after he became Money.

I already said this 2/3 times. If Rigo wins there is no doubt he should be no.1. Doesn't matter how. If the judges give it to him (which I doubt) it won't be because he ran all night and never landed.

The other factor is the opponent. Lomachenko is in his prime and if you listen to many is an elite fighter. No other fighter out there has beaten an opponent held in such high esteem.

The Thai guy who beat Gonzalez was hard done by to not even enter the P4P top ten after he beat Roman twice. The reason why he maybe didn't is because some peeps saw decline in Roman in his previous fight against Cuadras - he was in his 4th weight division and 115 was a weight div too far. His aggressive boxer/puncher style was too taxing when he had heavier incoming to deal with.

But Loma is not like the Thai fella. He is in his prime, is in a weight class that suits him and has looked superb against Crawford and Russell, his 2 biggest scalps, and also in his most recent fights, plus there is talk that he'll go on to be a ATG.

So, Loma has the cards stacked for him in this fight which is why if Rigo wins it will be all the more notable and also the reason that any logical person will have him as no 1 at P4P.

I think Loma will win and if he does he has a strong case for being no 1. His resume is already as good as Crawfords (for now) and better than Golovkin's.
            When did Loma fight Crawford ? Where can I watch that fight ?

Comment

Yes, Rigo P4P king if he wins. Unless he wins due to the judges getting an attack of Byrditis Adelaydus that is.

Comment

RIGO would be no. 2 behind CRAWFORD

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                  Loma needs to win this or else a defeat to Rigo will haunt him for the rest of his life. Just look at the size difference!!

I agree and if its close and Loma barely wins that tells me Rig. Is P4P better.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                    RIGO would be no. 2 behind CRAWFORD
                    Crawford hasn't fought anyone even close to P4P top 20... Probably even top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Salidoe should be #1. then.
                      Would need a new category where you can miss weight and hitting below the belt is no longer a foul, then just a case of who's got the P4P strongest nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X