Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Best Way To Enhance Lopez's Emerging Profile? Challenge Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    Why not. Pac is giving up 18+ years, height and reach. At least give him some advantage with the weight - do it at 145 lbs.
    Damn straight!

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
      Yes there is.

If it's at 135 and he wins,

he becomes:
      -undisputed at 135
      -lineal at a new weight

If Teo wins:
      -the guy who retires Pac
      -beat a reigning welterweight champion
      If Teo loses then people will say that Teo's size most likely helped him beat Loma. Let Teo defend at 135 for at least 2 more fights to prove to everyone that he is not a weight bully.

If Teo fights Manny then Teo again is going to be the naturally taller man and probably the naturally larger man come fight night.

Let Manny retire in peace. He proved himself plenty. He does not need Teo.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
        Pacquiao vs Crawford needs to happen first.
        Yep but a 135 guy sounds better for Manny fans, and some want Teo at WW lol claiming Manny is old,,,,,,,, ok so lets handicap a 16 fight LW, are these fanboys for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
          Yep but a 135 guy sounds better for Manny fans, and some want Teo at WW lol claiming Manny is old,,,,,,,, ok so lets handicap a 16 fight LW, are these fanboys for real.
          I know right!

Let Manny fight an MMA fighter and a Japanese kickboxer!

Let him retire in grace.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
            I know right!

Let Manny fight an MMA fighter and a Japanese kickboxer!

Let him retire in grace.
            If he retires why not, if he wants to be an active belt holder and lock up the belts while doing it then its not fair to genuine fighters wanting their shot .

If he wants to fight boxers fight legit guys at his weight, enough of CW handicapping, Teo has had 16 fights he is a 135 guy let him run his course, at the cost of a TC or Spence WW unifications fight a Lopez fight is just plain BS especially at 147.

Manny needs to fight top WWS or retire and fight circus fights.

Comment

I love how you guys just "know" the outcome of every single fight and therefore every fight is pointless lol.
              Why even schedule the fights when the keyboarders of boxingscene can simply tell you what will obviously happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                enough of CW handicapping, Teo has had 16 fights he is a 135 guy let him run his course
                But Floyd made Marquez move up to 147? Marquez was fighting at 135

But Floyd made Hatton move up to 147? Hatton was fighting at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                  This would be a cherry pick gone wrong for Teo. Teo may make big bucks, but if he thinks Pac is just going to coast the first six rounds hes crazy. Pac will pop that big nose of his hard with his punches. Pac still beats this kid right now. Thurman is bigger , a better boxer and hits harder than Teo for one punch. Pac won that fight. Pac is bigger , stronger , and faster than Loma. Plus he hits with bad intentions. Teo would be hit hard and often.
                  I agree. I suppose I'm biased because anyone who knows me around here knows I'm a Manny guy, but I think he beats the piss out of Lopez.

Comment

Would y'all leave Pac alone?! Damn!

All these new cats are supposed to be such man killers. As soon as they win a belt who's the first person they call for? What's the first name they mention? A 40 something year old politician and part time fighter.
                    Manny Pacquiao. Leave that man alone and fight someone in your age range and someone competitive. They keep thinking it's an easy way out,
                    I almost hope that Pac takes these fights and whips all of their a**es.

Comment

Can't say I agree. But Teo probably needs to improve his pr game a bit. And I wish people would stop with Duran comparisons. There is no comparison. Duran would have absolutely destroyed Loma or Teo and said he would destroy them in a rematch. None of this, scraping a sort of win and saying no rematch, won fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                      X