No announcement yet.

Becoming a pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a pro

Hi guys, I am new on this forum so let me introduce myself.

My name is Mike, 18 YO from the netherlands.

I want to dedicate my life to boxing I dropped out from school and want to dedicate myself 7 times a day to boxing. My gym here trains 3 times a day in boxing but 6 times a day to kickboxing ( Ernesto hoost gives these k1 lessons )

So I decided to show up these 3 times a week and spend the other 4 days on training myself. I can do 50 push ups now my arms arent well developed yet since I had been working on my abs always, I can do 300 sit ups atm in a row so I am focusing on push ups and stamina now.

Does any of you have advice, I have never jogged before so how do I build up stamina from this how much miles should I have in goal etc etc

Thanks

Originally posted by blackscell View Post
    Hi guys, I am new on this forum so let me introduce myself.

My name is Mike, 18 YO from the netherlands.

I want to dedicate my life to boxing I dropped out from school and want to dedicate myself 7 times a day to boxing. My gym here trains 3 times a day in boxing but 6 times a day to kickboxing ( Ernesto hoost gives these k1 lessons )

So I decided to show up these 3 times a week and spend the other 4 days on training myself. I can do 50 push ups now my arms arent well developed yet since I had been working on my abs always, I can do 300 sit ups atm in a row so I am focusing on push ups and stamina now.

Does any of you have advice, I have never jogged before so how do I build up stamina from this how much miles should I have in goal etc etc

Thanks
    Ask your coach, honestly, guys on forums cant say much because its based out of personal experience and body type. Your best bet is to ask your coach. He can see what your body requires and build on skills from there. Good luck.

Comment

Can you fight? What is your boxing background? Ultimately, how far you run only makes you a better runner. How many sit-ups only gives you better abs. None of that makes you a better boxer. Starting out, I would focus my energy, physically and mentally, on developing my skill at throwing punches, and at avoiding getting hit by them.
      So many guys starting out make this mistake...They focus on how far they can run, how much they can lift, how "ripped" they are...and never learn to fight. If you want to be a pro, devote yourself to learning the craft, the art, of boxing, and develope a conditioning program to compliment and enhance your abilities in that area, not "instead" of.

Comment

Working...
      X