Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: On May 12 - Lomachenko Will Bow Down To King Jorge!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see Lomachenko losing but I think it will be a competitive fight where the styles mesh well. Linares' combinations and offensive creativity have gotten better over time but whether that's enough against a guy who's so fast at adapting and defensively sound remains to be seen. Even if Linares' skin holds up he does tend to neglect offense so I think after a close 4-5 rounds Lomachenko will start to find holes and patterns and take over winning a decision around 116-112 or 117-111. I'd be very impressed if it's wider or he stops him.

Comment

Self proclaimed king will be dethroned and humbled down by Ukrainian sole snatcher!

Comment

At this point, I just want to see someone NOT QUIT, especially without being hurt by Lomachenko! It's one thing to get broken down like Kell Brook, or Lamont Peterson, but simply quitting is ridiculous. I thought that type **** went out with Roberto Duran!

Comment

Linares will make Loma call him sire once he gives the Ukrainian a taste of his own medicine!

Venezuelan style!

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
            who gives a f-king f-k about crawford, when espn hbo ring all major boxing organizations consider Loma p4p King! Who ?
            I love debating pound-for-pound lists. They're so subjective. I personally think Crawford is the best pound-for-pound, and I actually only have lomachenko in my top five. Can't get past the fact he has half as many fights as a pro and a loss. Don't care that the loss looks like it was tainted, it was still a loss. So all things considered? This is still a great fight. If lomachenko wins this going away by wide unanimous decision or makes him quit, then there is no way anyone can't reasonably move him ahead of Crawford, Trip G or anyone else. But once Crawford starts fighting the big dogs at 147 pounds? He could easily wipe that back out again. If Golovkin levels Alvarez and then unifies the 160 over Saunders?

Fun fun conversations.

Comment

Should be interesting to see Loma deal with the height and reach, along with Linares's skill. Still, I think it will take better than Linares to beat Loma at this point.

Comment

Loma won't lose this fight and I'll be surprised if he loses a round of two

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  Linares will have size on him but the deciding factor I think is his hands are faster than Loma's and as long as he does not cut we may see the upset...
                  He won't have much in the way of size and speed didn't help Russell...

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                    who gives a f-king f-k about crawford, when espn hbo ring all major boxing organizations consider Loma p4p King! Who ?
                    I had Nelo at #1 but after this whole illegal substance came up I don't know who is number 1. I have to look at all the top fighters in the game and review it again. It ain't lomo either.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      Linares will make Loma call him sire once he gives the Ukrainian a taste of his own medicine!

Venezuelan style!
                      Hm.. the emperor has no clothes.

Comment

Working...
                      X