Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Retains WBA Title, Decisions Jessica McCaskill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    lmao bellew just said benn needs a knockout, then he says he needs 2 knockdowns for a draw, then he says its a draw then he says its 10-7 because 'benn nearly knocked him out '

OH LOOK a disgusting robbery on an eddie hearn card? WOW surprising stuff!
    Bellew's commentary was disgusting.

Way worse than Boxnation.

I had Benn losing.

Comment

Josh Kelly up next I think.

Has a really flashy style, good counterpuncher, fast hands, decent pop, throws nice overhand rights and left hooks from the outside.

He is still a little bit open for punches when he walks down his opponent, very hook happy and neglects his straight punches.

Comment

Benn will get whooped before he even gets to a real decent domestic level, it's always been evident and even more so now.

Awful scoring, that should have been a loss or a draw if you're being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Bellew's commentary was disgusting.

Way worse than Boxnation.

I had Benn losing.
          Yep i had him losing too, just listen to the pundits now, they are literally terrified to speak out at the result ' do you think the cards were fair'? ' er i think conner looked average,umm....maybe the cards were a bit wide?'

Vegas is terrible but only if you got a canelo / cash cow there, where the will give it the guy with the most money behind him, Germany is bad but not as bad these days, i think we can now say Eddie hearn cards have the most corrupt scorecards/reffs/judges in the entire sport.

Comment

Yep i had him losing too, just listen to the pundits now, they are literally terrified to speak out at the result ' do you think the cards were fair'? ' er i think conner looked average,umm....maybe the cards were a bit wide?'

Vegas is terrible but only if you got a canelo / cash cow there, where the will give it the guy with the most money behind him, Germany is bad but not as bad these days, i think we can now say Eddie hearn cards have the most corrupt scorecards/reffs/judges in the entire sport.
            Germany isnt that bad anymore, because they dont have any high profile fighter anymore.

Manuel Charr is the top dawg lol.

Comment

Scorecards here in the UK have been getting disgraceful in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                Josh Kelly up next I think.

Has a really flashy style, good counterpuncher, fast hands, decent pop, throws nice overhand rights and left hooks from the outside.

He is still a little bit open for punches when he walks down his opponent, very hook happy and neglects his straight punches.
                Kelly is very good, you can tell he's a cut above most prospects but i'd like to see him be a little more orthodox at times in these early fights, just for learning. There's going to be a point when he steps up in levels and needs to rely on good fundamentals and he might not be used to it.

Look at Naseem Hamed, when he fought Kelley, his flashy style wasn't having the effect it used to, so he went back to basics behind the guard more than usual and got the job done.

Genuine top prospect though, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Scorecards here in the UK have been getting disgraceful in recent times.
                  It's every single show, im actually starting to root agaisnt any of hearns stable for the unbelievable corruption surrounding matchroom, the corruption with the stubhub ticket links, the corruption with the scorecards and robberies, the corruption with reff's just stopping fights after flurries that dont even land. The fact every show contains 10/12 of the fights as 1/100 mismatches.

People who say Hearn is good for boxing need a lobotomy. He literally said the other day that he would never put on a rigo-loma fight because ' he doesnt do fanfights' ' i just do big fights'

So hes basically saying he only puts on fights to make a ton of money and couldnt care less about good matchups...

Comment

It's every single show, im actually starting to root agaisnt any of hearns stable for the unbelievable corruption surrounding matchroom, the corruption with the stubhub ticket links, the corruption with the scorecards and robberies, the corruption with reff's just stopping fights after flurries that dont even land. The fact every show contains 10/12 of the fights as 1/100 mismatches.

People who say Hearn is good for boxing need a lobotomy. He literally said the other day that he would never put on a rigo-loma fight because ' he doesnt do fanfights' ' i just do big fights'

So hes basically saying he only puts on fights to make a ton of money and couldnt care less about good matchups...
                    I suppose it comes with the territory of having an exclusive deal with someone like Sky. They know the money is in the casual market. Obviously they do show smaller cards like tonight, but the main aim for Hearn/Sky is to get these fighters in the biggest money fights, not the most meaningful ones. I get it, it's business to them but a bit **** for the fans.

Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth when i see some of these scorecards. It's just a total lack of respect for opponents, paying customers, viewers etc. It's like they don't even care about hiding it anymore either. It's basically just become the norm. It makes me not want to watch the sport sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      I suppose it comes with the territory of having an exclusive deal with someone like Sky. They know the money is in the casual market. Obviously they do show smaller cards like tonight, but the main aim for Hearn/Sky is to get these fighters in the biggest money fights, not the most meaningful ones. I get it, it's business to them but a bit **** for the fans.

Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth when i see some of these scorecards. It's just a total lack of respect for opponents, paying customers, viewers etc. It's like they don't even care about hiding it anymore either. It's basically just become the norm. It makes me not want to watch the sport sometimes.
                      I guess, Fish eyes frank is not a whole lot better theres been alot of bizarre commentary and robberies on BT recently....but i guarantee you, if degale was still with Hearn, he would of won 116-111, 115-113, and one draw Eddie: 'i thought degale was off tonight, the scorecards were a bit wide, 115-113 was about rite, credit to the lad, hes come over and put on a performance of a lifetime'
                      Last edited by mlac; 12-13-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X