No announcement yet.

The greatest series of fights Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I wish they had all of the Harold Johnson-Archie Moore fights in entirety.
    Not to mention the Ezzard Charles vs Archie Moore fights too.....

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Absolutely! All of them were epic in fact, as were his 2 against Boza Edwards!
      And his 3 with Olivares, pretty much all Chacon fights were bangers.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        And his 3 with Olivares, pretty much all Chacon fights were bangers.
        The first fight between Olivares and Chacon was good, but Ruben pretty much dominated. The second fight was a blowout- Bobby looked like he had nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          The first fight between Olivares and Chacon was good, but Ruben pretty much dominated. The second fight was a blowout- Bobby looked like he had nothing.
          I was at the first fight. It was a classic case of the unbeaten prospect getting schooled by the veteran. You wouldn't have guessed that Chacon would turn out to be one of the ATG warriors after quitting in his corner. The second fight was a joke as Chacon left his fight on the scale. Never saw their 3rd fight, but Olivares was clearly over the hill by then.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            Bazooka Limon and Bobby Chacon.

Their 4th bout is one of the most ridiculously exciting fights in history.
            Pacquiao and Marquez must have watch their four fights and got inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              I'd agree, not only were 2 of them great fight and one decent, they were instrumental in putting boxing at the forefront of the public conscience. Has there ever been a fight as important as The Fight of the Century?
              Probably not, but the Louis-Schmeling fights come close, since the whole world seemed to be watching those and they also had huge historical and cultural significance, according to writers and historians, much like Ali-Frazier did.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                I gota check this out
                Yeah are these available anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                X