No announcement yet.

How many OZ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many OZ?

Hello, I want to buy Boxing Gloves for training/sparring, i weight 73 kg, how many oz should i take? how many take kelly pavlik? bernard hopkins, floyd mayweather etc? and sorry for my english, i am from germany

You use 16 oz gloves for sparring

Comment

and how many use, floyd mayweather and co?

Comment

how many oz does use floyd mayweather and the rest?

Comment

Pro boxers fight with 8 or 10 ounce gloves depending on what weight class they are in. No coach who knows what he is doing will allow you to spar in gloves that light.

For sparring you should be using 16 ounce gloves, or at the very least 14 ounces. For other training (bagwork, pads etc) you can use whatever you like. I'm around your size and use 16 ounce gloves for sparring and 14 ounces for everything else. If you don't punch with much power, you may not need the extra protection of 14 ounce gloves, so you could get away with 10 or 12 ounces.

If your gym has some gloves that everyone can use, try out all the different sizes/models they have before buying ones for yourself.
          Last edited by ScottDBA; 11-16-2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yugi18 View Post
            Hello, I want to buy Boxing Gloves for training/sparring, i weight 73 kg, how many oz should i take? how many take kelly pavlik? bernard hopkins, floyd mayweather etc? and sorry for my english, i am from germany
            i made this thread last week.

Comment

Working...
            X