Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is true heart? (1bil points thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of him in the other thread I think Jake Lamotta deserves a mention.The man would fight anyone and give it his all.

We know that he threw the Billy Fox fight but what choice did he have? He wanted a title shot and it was becoming an increasing difficult task considering.

He fought the fighter I consider to be the greatest fighter of all time 6 times and took the fight to him and took a hel of a lot of punishment. He fought Zivic 4 times, Lloyd Marshall, Marcel Cerdan and of course Ray Robinson 6 times.Most of the time lacking physical and athletic gifts. Which say's a whole lot about his heart.

That's without a long list of solid fights he fought many in which he was behind and being outboxed and turned the fights round due to sheer heart, literally sheer heart. Obviously the most notable being the Laurent Dauthuille fight with the famous last 15 second knock out.

I'm not sure how much credibility this has but according to the Raging Bull film allegedly Jake Lamotta was very upset that he would never get to fight Joe Louis, therefore wouldn't never be able to be the best. Again, I'm not sure how credible that is, but, it genuinely wouldn't suprise me if Jake were to say that.

Bottom line, Jake Lamotta is the epitome of 'heart', the man is built from heart. The foundation of his greatness amongst his unhuman chin, is his heart.

If someone were to ask me what heart is, I would tell them to go and watch a Jake Lamotta fight.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Speaking of him in the other thread I think Jake Lamotta deserves a mention.The man would fight anyone and give it his all.

We know that he threw the Billy Fox fight but what choice did he have? He wanted a title shot and it was becoming an increasing difficult task considering.

He fought the fighter I consider to be the greatest fighter of all time 6 times and took the fight to him and took a hel of a lot of punishment. He fought Zivic 4 times, Lloyd Marshall, Marcel Cerdan and of course Ray Robinson 6 times.Most of the time lacking physical and athletic gifts. Which say's a whole lot about his heart.

That's without a long list of solid fights he fought many in which he was behind and being outboxed and turned the fights round due to sheer heart, literally sheer heart. Obviously the most notable being the Laurent Dauthuille fight with the famous last 15 second knock out.

I'm not sure how much credibility this has but according to the Raging Bull film allegedly Jake Lamotta was very upset that he would never get to fight Joe Louis, therefore wouldn't never be able to be the best. Again, I'm not sure how credible that is, but, it genuinely wouldn't suprise me if Jake were to say that.

Bottom line, Jake Lamotta is the epitome of 'heart', the man is built from heart. The foundation of his greatness amongst his unhuman chin, is his heart.

If someone were to ask me what heart is, I would tell them to go and watch a Jake Lamotta fight.
      I've heard that also. Not from the movie though.

Comment

Heart to me can be battling through cuts, getting up from knockdowns, attempting to get up from KO's, taking on bigger and better foes, continuously walking into the meat grinder and through the agony because its ur only shot at a victory u arent prepared to let go...

Ive been thoroughly impressed with Gatti and Corrales in the heart department in recent years, along with Jmm and i hate to say it Margacheato - he was getting THRASHED by Manny and must have been in pain with the damage that was done to him but kept going forward and never even for one second contemplated withdrawing and importantly he kept trying to WIN the fight not just see it out

Obviously the Moore vs Durelle fight needs a shout, Marciano had a big heart too but imho the man with the biggest heart in boxing history is Smokin Joe Frazier

Comment

Working...
        X