No announcement yet.

Mythical Cruiserweight Classic: Evander Holyfield vs. James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    James Toney widely acknowledged as one of the beat Cruiserweights ever?

That's not even remotely close to true.

Holyfield beats him easily.
    nobody said that... 😂

you know he ACTUALLY knocked out holyfield irl right?
    😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
      nobody said that... ��

you know he ACTUALLY knocked out holyfield irl right?
      ����������������������
      One of the best I meant to say. The OP says that.

He beat Holyfield's corpse, yes. Not a prime Cruiserweight Holyfield in which he has no chance.

Comment

One of the best I meant to say. The OP says that.

my mistake...

He beat Holyfield's corpse, yes. Not a prime Cruiserweight Holyfield in which he has no chance.
        toney was a fat old middleweight himself.

nothing in holyfields career suggest he has the tools
        to deal with a real old school legend fighter like toney.....

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
          my mistake...

toney was a fat old middleweight himself.

nothing in holyfields career suggest he has the tools
          to deal with a real old school legend fighter like toney.....
          Nah that's wrong.

Holyfield beat top, elite fighters in dominant fashion.

Toney never did that. He did absolutely nothing to suggest he could beat Holyfield.

Comment

Nah that's wrong.

Holyfield beat top, elite fighters in dominant fashion.

Toney never did that. He did absolutely nothing to suggest he could beat Holyfield.
            - -You talkin' when Field Squeaked a split with 5-6 Qawi who put him in the hospital on deaths doorstep.

I don't care for either, but Toney beat a better cruiser than did Field. You'd be better served saying Field was a better heavy unless you want to think that early cruiser era was sometime more special than cast off heavies.

Comment

James Toney widely acknowledged as one of the best Cruiserweights ever?

That's not even remotely close to true.

Holyfield beats him easily.
              As you say, not even close. They couldn't even find what was left of Toney if he fought Dempsey or Marciano, who were only cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -You talkin' when Field Squeaked a split with 5-6 Qawi who put him in the hospital on deaths doorstep.

I don't care for either, but Toney beat a better cruiser than did Field. You'd be better served saying Field was a better heavy unless you want to think that early cruiser era was sometime more special than cast off heavies.
                Qawi was very good.

Who did Toney beat at Cruiser? Jirov who was a total hype job.

You are actually trying to claim that Toney is a better Crusier than Holyfield???? You lost your mind?

Comment

I'll go with Holyfield by decision.

Tony is a pretty underrated fighter - good defensive counter-puncher with an amazing chin. He's exactly the kind of fighter that could give Holyfield a tough night.

But Holyfield is an ATG and I look for him to pull out what would be a pretty epic fight.

Comment

Qawi was very good.

Who did Toney beat at Cruiser? Jirov who was a total hype job.

You are actually trying to claim that Toney is a better Crusier than Holyfield???? You lost your mind?
                    - -Jirov an Atlanta gold medalist winning also the Val Barker outstanding boxer of the games. Beat a who's who list of former titlest a until Toney took him in FOY.

Toney easily disposed Field at heavy and would do it again had he a chance to meet him at cruiser. Field ruled the nascent baby cruiser.

You do realize qawi record past LH is very mediocre though he was lucky to feast on those castaway heavies and feasted on Field when they first met in spite of his lack of power and stumpy, tubby stature.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Jirov an Atlanta gold medalist winning also the Val Barker outstanding boxer of the games. Beat a who's who list of former titlest a until Toney took him in FOY.

Toney easily disposed Field at heavy and would do it again had he a chance to meet him at cruiser. Field ruled the nascent baby cruiser.

You do realize qawi record past LH is very mediocre though he was lucky to feast on those castaway heavies and feasted on Field when they first met in spite of his lack of power and stumpy, tubby stature.
                      Qawi's record at Crusier a damn sight better than Jirov's. Jirov beat a who's who? What a joker. He barely beat a single ranked fighter.

Listing that Jirov won the Val Barker Trophy like that had any significance what so ever to him as a Pro. Howard Davis Jr won the Val Barker trophy aswell and he wasn't any good as a pro either.

Toney beat Holyfield's corpse. Toney did nothing in his career to suggest he even has a chance against an elite fighter like Holyfield. Zero.

Comment

Working...
                      X