Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Manny Stewards beef with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Steward is no *****. He will scream at you if you're not doing what he wants.

Often he likes to shot for more workrate and more offends I.e. Taylor and Wlad.

Floyd is sometimes too negative. That's when Emmanuel of course has a reason to actually negatively criticise Floyd.

Floyd is someone who is very sensitive and emotional. All that trash he talks is a smokescreen.

Most humans don't take criticism well, and Floyd especially:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
      I never saw it as hate tbh... a lot his comments are very valid and I don't know why Floyd is so sensitive to it? I really believe something happened between them behind the scenes and not because of Stewart's commentary a lone. I mean I understand the hate towards Merchant but Emmanuel is very balanced when commentating a Floyd fight.

And Top Rank I'm pretty sure that's what you feel.. and you're using Emmanuel as a channel to voice that. Either that or you're over thinking the whole thing.
      very well said....

as a commentator with more deeper understanding of the game than other commentators e.s. has the right to say it straight as he sees it...

he is not one to sugar coat his comments and that is why he is a respected fight commentator/analyst

Comment

I only started to notice Steward's criticism from Baldomir and onwards. The same exact time Floyd left Top Rank. Coincidence maybe? But he does say some good things though

Comment

He was clearly displeased with how the Ortiz fight ended, as was I. I mean, your dominating a guy and your faking a hug to knock the guy out when he doesnt know hes fighting 'whoopdy doo' look how awesome I am, nobody in the crowd is happy but I still going to act like everythings normal. Anyway,He expects more from fighters than alot people do and yes, Floyd is very sensitive and seeking of universal approoval.

Comment

House negro's have to say thing like that to remain in the house. If he says anything positive about Floyd you won't be seeing him ring side.

Comment

Because Manny Steward is frankly a terrible commentator and has nothing to say.

8/10 fights every round he say's "Fighter A just looks so strong and fast to me, compared to fighter B"

In Mayweather fights he repeats the same thing over and over and over.

It's not really to do with hate I don't think. It's more to do with simply being a terrible commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                what do you mean fighters mentality? Floyd is the perfect example of a fighter. Floyd will die in the ring for a win because that's the only thing he knows. Floyd is THE TOUGHEST FIGHTER in boxing right now hands down. If you watch Floyd Mayweather and have followed his career you will know this.
                Haha lol at floyd being a winner...a true winner is victorious against all odds while floyd chooses his opponents to which the odds are in his favor. Smh...don't know why the floyd fans don't see this

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  It's not so much hate....its the fact that he dislikes Floyd's mentality as a fighter.

He doesn't like the fact he isn't willing to face the elite fighters and he doesn't like his safety first mentality in the ring.

Almost all of Stewards fighters were great finishers, who took on all comers and just had that fighters mentality. Not that I agree, but seeing the type of fighters Steward was around, and the era he is from....I can understand why he makes the comments he does about Floyd.
                  bwahahaha. look at this tard

Comment

The best Emmanuel Steward moment of all time is:

The Dewey Bozella fight. HBO trying to keep the score secret when they show the replay while doing on the fly commentary over the replay.

Jim: Dewey was looking strong here wasn't he.

Emmanuel: Yeah. I was surprised he actually went on to win and almost knock the guy out in the last round.

Jim: Right. Well...nobody has seen that yet.

Comment

Manny probably does have a dislike for PBF whether it be on a personal of professional level. My thing with Manny is when it comes to PBF he is like Merchant with all fighter. That being if PBF doesn't fight the way Manny feels he should fight then he tries to take shine off of what PBF is actually doing. You can't say PBF is not as great as other greats because he doesn't go for KO's that **** makes no sense at all. Everybody is not a aggressive I'm going for the KO type of guy. If fighters skills match up then yes a fighter is just as great as another it just some greats have stronger attributes in other areas then other greats.

Comment

Working...
                      X